Lucid air Dream edition in repair shop with no answers

Lfegerber

Cars
Lucid air dream
DE Number
My Lucid Air Dream has been in a Lucid certified body shop for over a month. I am not getting any answers.

I got a flat tire. When Lucid came, they noticed that there was a cracked steering knuckle. We thought it would be covered under warranty.

Thus far, I have received no answers as to when I will get it. I have ever been so out of the loop with regard to a repair.

Does this have anything to do with the first recall they did for the front strut dampeners?

Now I am hearing more about this.

My car has been in the shop for over a month. Apparently lucid engineers needs to provide repair instructions to the body shop. I am honestly worried I was sold a lemon. I have less than 2000 miles on it and I have barely been able to drive it.

And I can’t get any answers.

Someone please help me. I am tempted to get a lawyer involved.

Wow, is there a way to get them to drag it to a service center instead of a repair shop?

That is upsetting. Still keeping my options open. Been offered the ability to cancel my car with a full refund of my deposit as I am entering the 8th month post confirmation. The more horror stories I hear, the more it makes me consider it. If it weren’t for the fact that we are looking for an EV for trips and that Lucid is the only one that gets 500 miles per charge, I would have probably moved on at this point as Lucid CS has not treated me well.

My Lucid Air Dream has been in a Lucid certified body shop for over a month. I am not getting any answers.

I got a flat tire. When Lucid came, they noticed that there was a cracked steering knuckle. We thought it would be covered under warranty.

Thus far, I have received no answers as to when I will get it. I have ever been so out of the loop with regard to a repair.

Does this have anything to do with the first recall they did for the front strut dampeners?

My car has been in the shop for over a month. Apparently lucid engineers needs to provide repair instructions to the body shop. I am honestly worried I was sold a lemon. I have less than 2000 miles on it and I have barely been able to drive it.

What region are you in? If you’re in the Northeast I can get you service contact people there who are excellent, and if you’re not maybe their service coordinator Markus could get you in touch with someone who can get you some answers. Lucid should definitely have a service advisor who should have been in regular touch with you, and if not that’s a real problem. They should at least be able to say “we need a part that’s not available” or explain what the problem is. Sorry for your bad experience, this is the first I’ve heard of a car being away for a month with no communication about repair progress.

Oh and @Sandvinsd, dude just cancel your order already. You’re 100% gonna hate the car so much when you get it because of the combination of their screw ups and you pre-dooming it, even though the car isn’t nearly as bad as you and a few others keep projecting it to be, in fact it’s not bad at all. Just get a Taycan and use ABRP for road trips or get an EQS if you don’t want to deal with the short fast-charging stops the Taycan will require.

Was it originally taken to the body shop for bodywork? If not it seems strange this would be handled by a 3rd party, not a Lucid Service Center.

The 1st recall for the strut dampeners should have been inspected and cleared quite some time ago. Was the flat tire the result of a really bad pothole encounter?

Oh and @Sandvinsd, dude just cancel your order already. You’re 100% gonna hate the car so much when you get it because of the combination of their screw ups and you pre-dooming it, even though the car isn’t nearly as bad as you and a few others keep projecting it to be, in fact it’s not bad at all. Just get a Taycan and use ABRP for road trips or get an EQS if you don’t want to deal with the short fast-charging stops the Taycan will require.
The range isn’t high enough on either. My requirement has been and still is 500 miles/ 1000 km. If I wanted something sub 400, I would already be driving it. i already have an EV to be-bop around town. Those two won’t fit my needs for long trips, especially when the battery degrades over time.

I won’t hate the car. It drives well and I’m not projecting it’s bad (although many owners here have doomed it with the talk about the crappy software they have experienced). Just deliver the damn car and you won’t hear any more honest feedback about horrible DA customer service.

im really grateful to see so many owners serving up their SA to help out a fellow owner
Hope this is an one-off.

It’s been couple weeks. @Lfegerber, did you get your Dream back? Kind of suspenseful you made one post and never bothered to log back in again to follow up…

Sorry all for no update. This has been so frustrating for me and I get upset just talking about it because I feel so conflicted. I love the car so much, but I barely have had any chance to drive it.

What happened was I was driving on the highway and all of a sudden I got a flat tire. It completely stressed my front tire. I did not swerve or anything. I called Lucid and it took them 3 hours to send a tow to my house.

I called Lucid support and I explained that this is the first time this has ever happened to me. I asked about the 19” wheels. They mentioned that they have had great feedback on it, so I ordered those since the 21” tires were out of stock anyway. I waited another two weeks for a technician to come to my house to do the repair. Upon arriving and removing the wheel, I found out that the steering strut knuckle was cracked. The Lucid tech was honestly shocked and assured me that Lucid would take care of this. I asked him if this was covered under warranty and he said “I would expect so.”

The next day, Mark my SA has the vehicle towed to a certified body shop that they said they had.

I hope to get vehicle back next week but I am concerned because I love the car, but having no communication for weeks is concerning.

Attachments

• B1BD807F-4FD6-4304-BEB9-F1DC3819F808.jpeg
    B1BD807F-4FD6-4304-BEB9-F1DC3819F808.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 183
Sorry all for no update. This has been so frustrating for me and I get upset just talking about it because I feel so conflicted. I love the car so much, but I barely have had any chance to drive it.

What happened was I was driving on the highway and all of a sudden I got a flat tire. It completely stressed my front tire. I did not swerve or anything. I called Lucid and it took them 3 hours to send a tow to my house.

I called Lucid support and I explained that this is the first time this has ever happened to me. I asked about the 19” wheels. They mentioned that they have had great feedback on it, so I ordered those since the 21” tires were out of stock anyway. I waited another two weeks for a technician to come to my house to do the repair. Upon arriving and removing the wheel, I found out that the steering strut knuckle was cracked. The Lucid tech was honestly shocked and assured me that Lucid would take care of this. I asked him if this was covered under warranty and he said “I would expect so.”

The next day, Mark my SA has the vehicle towed to a certified body shop that they said they had.

I hope to get vehicle back next week but I am concerned because I love the car, but having no communication for weeks is concerning.
I hope you get your Dream back speedily. So sorry to hear the incident. This can actually happen to anyone. 😞

...Upon arriving and removing the wheel, I found out that the steering strut knuckle was cracked...
Wow, that's unusual and bad news. I suspect that Lucid engineering may have wanted to have a look.

Yes. Lucid Engineering needed to get involved because no SOP developed. I don’t know how much I am going to have to pay on this, but the whole situation sucks.

Any advise on this?

Lucid saying that this was structural damage. All from a random flat tire.

I want to repeat that I love the vehicle, I believe in the technology, and it’s my best friend’s dream car. But given how much i paid, there doesn’t seem to be any urgency on this.

Everyone has been nice. But I believe we can agree that we want results.

I would press them to pay for the repair under warranty.

i wonder how many of these blow outs need to happen before Lucid switch to a different tire manufacturer. @Lfegerber did you pull over immediately after you observed the flat tire? or did you drive some distance before pulling over? i wonder what's a safe distance you can drive on a flat.

Back