Loaner

inthewoods

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Air Pure
I had an appointment for the car to be picked up and taken to service center for some minor work.

Tonight, transport driver arrived, but without a loaner. I was surprised because in previous three services, a loaner was provided.

Wondering if it’s necessary to specify that a loaner is required when the car is taken in for service.

I told transport driver that I couldn’t let him take the car since he didn’t have a loaner to swap.

I expect to learn more tomorrow.

Just wondering if there’s been a policy change regarding service appointments and loaners.

I had an appointment for the car to be picked up and taken to service center for some minor work.

Tonight, transport driver arrived, but without a loaner. I was surprised because in previous three services, a loaner was provided.

Wondering if it’s necessary to specify that a loaner is required when the car is taken in for service.

I told transport driver that I couldn’t let him take the car since he didn’t have a loaner to swap.

Just wondering if there’s been a policy change regarding service appointments and loaners.
It seems you did not request a loaner, which would be the normal procedure when making the appointment.

Pretty sure they've never just given people loaners. You always need to request because they're not always available. You also need to provide your insurance information to Lucid each time so they can fill out the loaner documentation.

Pretty sure they've never just given people loaners. You always need to request because they're not always available. You also need to provide your insurance information to Lucid each time so they can fill out the loaner documentation.
I think in previous service appointments, they asked if I need a loaner. This time they didn't ask and I didn't request one.

Thanks for the clarification.

Service Advisor just informed me of a new policy change: Car owners who live more than 100 miles from a Service Center will receive an Enterprise rental. Lucid loaners are no longer an option. I live 144 miles from Plainview.

In my case, the new policy wasn't discussed when the appointment was made.

Service Advisor just informed me of a new policy change: Car owners who live more than 100 miles from a Service Center will receive an Enterprise rental. Lucid loaners are no longer an option. I live 144 miles from Plainview.

In my case, the new policy wasn't discussed when the appointment was made.
Are you trying to find a problem where one doesn’t exist? I think it’s very generous of them to offer a loaner or rental of any type. I’m happy to drive whatever car for a few days while my Lucid is getting sorted out.

Yes, I agree that any loaner car would be acceptable.

I don't have an issue with the new loaner policy change. I just wish that I had been informed about the change before the transport driver arrived to pick up the car. Unfortunately, I had to decline the pick-up because he hadn't brought a loaner and I wasn't prepared to be without a car.

It's a waste of time and someone's (other than my) money which could have been avoided with better communication.

Back