Lightly Used Air GT Wheel and Tire Inquiries

Goofysoccer

Reaction score
Cars
2023 Air Grand Touring
Hi all,

I just put a deposit down on a used 2023 Lucid Air Grand Touring with 8,127 miles (yay). However, this car has 20" Aero Lite wheels. I live in Wisconsin, so winter range and safety are at the top of my mind. I was wondering a few things:
  1. I'm leaning toward having two sets of 19" wheels (I value range quite heavily); is this overkill and one set of the all-seasons is good enough?
  2. RE: winter tire and wheel set, I am aware Lucid sells a set with the Pirelli Sottozero 3 winter tires for $3,750.
    1. How is the performance of the Pirellis? Good (enough)?
    2. The price seems high; am I better off going aftermarket?
  3. RE: summer tire and wheel set, I am aware Lucid sells a set with the Pirelli P Zero all-season tires for $4,250
    1. I don't love the look of these rims in the summer, so I am leaning toward an aftermarket set. Any recommendations?
    2. In a similar vein, because I am looking aftermarket for the rims, what tires should I go with? The same all-seasons for range efficiency (or different)? Do summer tires get much worse range?
  4. Regardless, it seems I need to dump these 20" Aero Lites. Anyone interested? I can send pictures once I take delivery of the vehicle
Thanks all!

Hi all,

I just put a deposit down on a used 2023 Lucid Air Grand Touring with 8,127 miles (yay). However, this car has 20" Aero Lite wheels. I live in Wisconsin, so winter range and safety are at the top of my mind. I was wondering a few things:
  1. I'm leaning toward having two sets of 19" wheels (I value range quite heavily); is this overkill and one set of the all-seasons is good enough?
  2. RE: winter tire and wheel set, I am aware Lucid sells a set with the Pirelli Sottozero 3 winter tires for $3,750.
  3. RE: summer tire and wheel set, I am aware Lucid sells a set with the Pirelli P Zero all-season tires for $4,250
    1. I don't love the look of these rims in the summer, so I am leaning toward an aftermarket set. Any recommendations?
    2. In a similar vein, because I am looking aftermarket for the rims, what tires should I go with? The same all-seasons for range efficiency (or different)? Do summer tires get much worse range?
  4. Regardless, it seems I need to dump these 20" Aero Lites. Anyone interested? I can send pictures once I take delivery of the vehicle
Thanks all!
Regarding the Pirelli winter tires: I found them to be good. Had them for two winters and they served me well for both. I sold them when I moved to California. You can definitely feel a difference between them and the All-Season, but for serious snow in Colorado, I was very glad to have them.

Hi all,

Thanks all!
I live in Chicago and my AGT (19") is my DD with 25,000 miles on it, this January I had Pilot Sport All Season 4's put on the car and they have been a great tire in all seasons, and were a great improvement over the stock Pirelli's. While there wasn't much of winter this past year the Pilot Sports did well when we had this blast right after I bought the tires. I wouldn't hesitate to take the car up north to Eagle River in a snowstorm, I wouldn't say that about the Pirelli's.

Back