Light colored headliner for Pure

JohnP

Cars
Lucid Air Pure
When we ordered our Pure model over a year ago, the factory photos showed a light colored headliner--see photos. In our opinion the light colored headliner make the interior feel larger and brighter. Recently this has changed, and our Pure was delivered with a dark Alcantara headliner, which we think is unfortunate, but there was not other option. We'd love to replace this with a lighter color headliner as originally depicted. Does anyone have any experience with this or advice how to go about this? Thanks so much.

Lucid light interior 1.jpg
Lucid Light Interior 2.jpg

When we ordered our Pure model over a year ago, the factory photos showed a light colored headliner--see photos. In our opinion the light colored headliner make the interior feel larger and brighter. Recently this has changed, and our Pure was delivered with a dark Alcantara headliner, which we think is unfortunate, but there was not other option. We'd love to replace this with a lighter color headliner as originally depicted. Does anyone have any experience with this or advice how to go about this? Thanks so much.

View attachment 13432View attachment 13433
Is the alcantara headliner standard for Pure now? I paid $800 for this option

It is standard now. My order was updated and removed the cost for Alcantara.

It is standard now. My order was updated and removed the cost for Alcantara.
The Alcantara fabric is standard and has a nice texture--it's the dark/black color that is problematic. Makes the car feel small and, well, dark. Don't understand why Lucid made the change or doesn't offer the lighter color as an option. I'd change it if i could.

I assume it's a supply chain issue. They are probably having a problem getting the lighter color fabric for the headliner so they just made what they have standard.

I assume it's a supply chain issue. They are probably having a problem getting the lighter color fabric for the headliner so they just made what they have standard.
Or it’s just easier to make every roof the exact same.

The Alcantara fabric is standard and has a nice texture--it's the dark/black color that is problematic. Makes the car feel small and, well, dark. Don't understand why Lucid made the change or doesn't offer the lighter color as an option. I'd change it if i could.
I would suggest that you go to an upholsterers shop(or you could ask an detailer, but chances of them accepting would be less), and then try to get them to retrofit a grey Alcantara headliner. Me personally, I think that looks would be degraded and there would be a natural level of risk to it.

Back