Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
F0ZQ8SWA
Tesla - Supercharger Network

Tesla - Fart app, Karaoke, Sentry Mode, Dog mode

Tesla - FSD

Rivian - Quad Motors

Rivian - 8 driving modes, Kneel mode, Sentry Guard

Rivian - Built in Flashlight, portable speaker, air compressors, frunk drainage hole.

Polestar - Android system

Lucid - Luxury

Lucid - Space

Lucid - Range

Lucid - Drivetrain efficiency

Lucid - Now SXM ?

Anything I miss? Please supplement.

Polestar - Dashboard Google navigation map

Nav view:
0151E16A-2EC5-41E6-8756-D3F4ED3905C9.jpeg

Minimalist view:

E33FDFD1-18E1-4020-91B9-62888B583995.jpeg

I must say, that dashboard map is really cool.
Yes, it’s Google map in 3D, and it auto zoom in and zoom out based on your driving speed. The infotainment screen can also play Google map for redundancy, but bc Google map is already on dash, infotainment screen can be used for music or other streaming apps.

Tesla - Supercharger Network

Tesla - Fart app, Karaoke, Sentry Mode, Dog mode

Tesla - FSD

Rivian - Quad Motors

Rivian - 8 driving modes, Kneel mode, Sentry Guard

Rivian - Built in Flashlight, portable speaker, air compressors, frunk drainage hole.

Polestar - Android system

Lucid - Luxury

Lucid - Space

Lucid - Range

Lucid - Drivetrain efficiency

Lucid - Now SXM ?

Anything I miss? Please supplement.
Lucid - not satellite SXM, so advantage Tesla Model S/X.

Lucid range on GT version, but tossup with refresh Model S compared to Pure/Touring.

Think we could back and forth with a lot of this stuff. :)

Lucid - not satellite SXM, so advantage Tesla Model S/X.

Lucid range on GT version, but tossup with refresh Model S compared to Pure/Touring.

Think we could back and forth with a lot of this stuff. :)
Yeah, I was thinking all the brand differentiator what makes a brand different and special.

Tesla - Summon (parking lot only, not from NYC to SF 🤣)

Tesla - Elon Musk (who knows what Tesla may integrate down the road with NeuralLink, Boring, SpaceX and Twitter)

Polestar - Google all around

Lucid - With recent hired Apple infrastructure VP, Lucid might be most Apple friendly EV soon. They just got off hump with major UX20 rewrite and the iWatch and iPhone widget was a total surprise, so I have no doubt CarPlay is around the corner.

Yeah, I was thinking all the brand differentiator what makes a brand different and special.

Tesla - Elon Musk (who knows what Tesla may integrate down the road with NeuralLink, Boring, SpaceX and Twitter)

Lucid - With recent hired Apple infrastructure VP, Lucid might be most Apple friendly EV soon. They just got off hump with major UX20 rewrite and the iWatch and iPhone widget was a total surprise, so I have no doubt CarPlay is around the corner.
Very true. Since, I am an Apple fanboy, love that Lucid hired that Apple VP. Definitely a big advantage in my book, especially if they can integrate the Apple Carplay for auto’s that Apple announced last June. Was not aware that Lucid had an Apple Watch widget. Neat!

I hope that android users can get some attention too. 🥲

Rivian, market entry in 2 high volume categories, pick up truck and vans and then moving into 3rd high volume category, SUV. They did a great job provide a content rich vehicle with a nicely detailed interior (even though it is pleather).

Lucid, high end entry point in the limited volume luxury sedan category. Seems to be more of a follow Tesla's entry and rub some things in their face (particularly the genuine luxury aspect as Tesla's luxury elements are more about tech and performance). It will be interesting to see how much volume the lower priced iterations of the Air can achieve globally. SUV should be a big help in terms of volume. If I were to pick the 3rd vehicle for Lucid, it would be a Model Y sized SUV.

Rivian, market entry in 2 high volume categories, pick up truck and vans and then moving into 3rd high volume category, SUV. They did a great job provide a content rich vehicle with a nicely detailed interior (even though it is pleather).

Lucid, high end entry point in the limited volume luxury sedan category. Seems to be more of a follow Tesla's entry and rub some things in their face (particularly the genuine luxury aspect as Tesla's luxury elements are more about tech and performance). It will be interesting to see how much volume the lower priced iterations of the Air can achieve globally. SUV should be a big help in terms of volume. If I were to pick the 3rd vehicle for Lucid, it would be a Model Y sized SUV.
Rumor has it Tesla will be doubling down further on sparse interiors with the next iteration of Model 3. Hard to imagine them removing much more than they already have.

Basically, they are going for broke to cut costs, then hoping the promise of FSD makes up for it? Seems like a really bad time to rely on that, given multiple lawsuits, plenty of bad press, and tons of competition heading their way.

I think Lucid will compare even more favorably by leaning into luxury over time. If they can make a Model 3 and Model Y competitor and still have them feel posh, like a good series 3 BMW or A4 from Audi, they should do well.

My job is in San Diego and one Uber driver was an Analyst who drives his Model S for shits and giggles.
His view is that Tesla's end game is they will basically get all of their cars back and have you pay for robo taxi rides.
Another Uber driver in Chicago is an Engineer from South America who can't land a gig in his profession and makes his living by servicing high end bikes like Ducati and BMW and Ubering. His view is that Tesla has a phenomenal database of driving situations that they plan to leverage toward getting to FSD.
I think Musk listened to every word said by a well known auto industry engineer, Sandy Munro who focuses (too much in my opinion) on pulling cost out of vehicles. If you look at an early Model S, it was actually nice inside. Musk replaced the interior with cheap crap and found ways to make the car simpler to assemble (stuff the consumer will not see).
With the challenges of weather and road conditions, I have a hard time buying into FSD being doable.
Back to Lucid, I would skip the Model 3 type of car, plenty of overlap with the Model Y type ad way more volume in the smaller SUV space.

I hope that android users can get some attention too. 🥲
I heard that Apple was holding back android auto release. Due to commonality in QA I believe that lucid was not releasing Android auto. So I hope carplay is released and therefore Android auto. I plan to use android auto with abrp premium.

Back