Lazy Lucid Unlocking: When My Lucid Air Door Handles Ghost Me 🚗👻

rustystarphish

Cars
19Tesla M3P, 95 Volvo T5R
Anyone else have this issue where the doors don't unlock correctly? handles present themselves, but can't open the door unless you go through the inside.

I had this happen a few times when other people are outside of the car trying to get in, and they say 'how do you open this?' I tell them, just pull the handle, but nothing happens, door remains locked unless i reach over and let them in manually... Is there another way to unlock it in this situation?

I've tried toggling the key FOB, and also using the app to lock/unlock, but can not gain access to the car from the outside when this happens.

Idk, but maybe your locks are protesting your slamming of the soft close doors.

Anyone else have this issue where the doors don't unlock correctly? handles present themselves, but can't open the door unless you go through the inside.

I had this happen a few times when other people are outside of the car trying to get in, and they say 'how do you open this?' I tell them, just pull the handle, but nothing happens, door remains locked unless i reach over and let them in manually... Is there another way to unlock it in this situation?

I've tried toggling the key FOB, and also using the app to lock/unlock, but can not gain access to the car from the outside when this happens.

Was it right after recent software update? I had the same issue once and CS had me go through a full power cycle reboot (deep sleep by pushing the handles down, walking away from the car a good distance where it can't detect any FOB or mobile keys for 5 min and unplugged from any charger). Upon reboot, door worked again and haven't encountered this issue again. CS told me it was a known issue that sometimes after an update installs, some things are glitchy like the door handles and car needs a hard deep sleep reboot. I don't know if what he said is true or makes sense but it solved my issue.

Was it right after recent software update? I had the same issue once and CS had me go through a full power cycle reboot (deep sleep by pushing the handles down, walking away from the car a good distance where it can't detect any FOB or mobile keys for 5 min and unplugged from any charger). Upon reboot, door worked again and haven't encountered this issue again. CS told me it was a known issue that sometimes after an update installs, some things are glitchy like the door handles and car needs a hard deep sleep reboot. I don't know if what he said is true or makes sense but it solved my issue.
it's happened before and after the recent software update

Thanks for the info about the power down cycle, i'll try that and see if it helps.

How did you get this fixed. I have the same issue since I purchased the vehicle.

All the time !

Something is wrong with your door latches. Call service. Not normal.

All the time !

I've had something similar happen. The kids were slamming the soft close doors, and it seemed to lose its calibration for the closed position. Try opening them from the inside mechanically (pull the latch hard all the way back), then gently closing the door so the soft close can pull it tight. That seemed to reset it for me. If that doesn't fix it, definitely call service.

All the time
I've had something similar happen. The kids were slamming the soft close doors, and it seemed to lose its calibration for the closed position. Try opening them from the inside mechanically (pull the latch hard all the way back), then gently closing the door so the soft close can pull it tight. That seemed to reset it for me. If that doesn't fix it, definitely call service.
Thank you. Tried it no help. Fortunately I’m the only one using the car

Back