Launch Mode ?

Yep, pop it in Sprint, then Push Hard down on the Brake Pedal, then Push Hard down on Accelerator. The main drive display will show a Blue Bear on the left of the screen and says Launch Mode then you let go of the brake. It only holds it in this mode for like 5 seconds? before it disengages. Also, the speedo changes look

Tried it yesterday...Smooth as can be.

So how fast did all of you go before you decided enough?😊

No idea, I ran out of road much sooner than expected so I lifted off the pedal.

There's a secret mode, that if you have balls that are big enough, the part of your trim that looks to not be aligned are actually wings that unfold...

What boggles my mind is that bonkers launch was on a mediocre road with 19” wheels with 800hp and I didn’t precondition the battery. What in holy living hell would a launch in an 1100hp DE with 21” wheels be like?!? Do you go through a wormhole? Does the car come with diapers? Do you need an exorcism afterwards?

Last edited:
It is AMAZING....hmm...maybe I need to find a place around here when I meet up with @Dortreo to do launch mode...

What boggles my mind is that bonkers launch was on a mediocre road with 19” wheels with 800hp and I didn’t precondition the battery. What in holy living hell would a launch in an 1100hp DE with 21” wheels be like?!? Do you go through a wormhole? Does the car come with diapers? Do you need an exorcism afterwards?
Well, I'll put it this way: on the 21", the DE feels very planted and absolutely insane, but I don't feel like I'm at any risk. It's just...a coaster. I find myself pulling off the accelerator before I hit 120mph haha.

On the 19", the tires actually spin - I did that twice and likely never again, as while the car stayed really planted, I don't want to need new tires. :)

Yep, pop it in Sprint, then Push Hard down on the Brake Pedal, then Push Hard down on Accelerator. The main drive display will show a Blue Bear on the left of the screen and says Launch Mode then you let go of the brake. It only holds it in this mode for like 5 seconds? before it disengages. Also, the speedo changes look

hydbob
I put my GT in Sprint, push the brake pedal down hard and ditto on accelerator. I never got the Blue Bear. After about an hour, I quit trying and listened to Tidal while reading the onboard manual. Am I missing something? Is it an issue I should bring up to CS?

hydbob
I put my GT in Sprint, push the brake pedal down hard and ditto on accelerator. I never got the Blue Bear. After about an hour, I quit trying and listened to Tidal while reading the onboard manual. Am I missing something? Is it an issue I should bring up to CS?
Weird. Try again after a reset, but it should work. You happen to be the 2nd person who said they couldn't get it to engage recently. I wonder what the issue is because other people who have tested it recently haven't had a problem. I mean, this really sounds dumb to ask, but did you have the car in drive?

I plan to try it tomorrow when I have a longer roadway. I had read an article where I could get the Blue Bear indicator without actually engaging launch mode but apparently not.

Step on the brake HARD, then the accel HARD. Both have to really be "fully" stepped down like really hard lol. I had the same issue until someone recommended me to really mash them down, and then I was able to get it to come on.

There's a secret mode, that if you have balls that are big enough, the part of your trim that looks to not be aligned are actually wings that unfold...

That's what the Rivian's gear tunnel doors are for.

hydbob
I went out this morning after a reset and found a nice, isolated road to retry launch mode. OMG, as others have said....it is insane. I am not sure why this is a feature in a luxury car but WOW! It may be abusive as someone else commented. I also would not recommend trying it in a short driveway. (ha-ha)
Thanks hydbob, the reset did it plus my mobile key is working from outside 6 feet now. I can now go back to waiting for OTAs to enhance my Lucid Air GT experience prior to convincing the spouse for a longer road trip to Steamboat this summer. The driving experience is worth the headaches for sure.

I’ve done the 0- whatever in Sprint but haven’t tried the launch. Anyone have any idea how much quicker it is?

Back