Lack of car haulers and/drivers

steveairgt

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
83YOVHQD
Hi
I’m sure you’ve all seen the Bear’s workshop videos showing tons of covered cars ready to go.

Do we know for a fact that Lucid is having difficulty getting haulers? Is that true and if so why?

Has Lucid made any statements on this ?

Are other car companies having the same issue?
Thanks

Hi
I’m sure you’ve all seen the Bear’s workshop videos showing tons of covered cars ready to go.

Do we know for a fact that Lucid is having difficulty getting haulers? Is that true and if so why?

Thanks
Not sure why. I am a “Momma Bear” level supporter of Bear. He’s amazing. I encourage others to support him on Patreon.

Hi

Thanks
Lucid could just buy anyone that wants their car now a plane ticket to the factory and have them pick it up? 🤣 :cool:

I support him as well but I wish we knew more about why these cars are piling up and not just speculation but facts if we can determine it.

Lucid could just buy anyone that wants their car now a plane ticket to the factory and have them pick it up? 🤣 :cool:
That’s not my question, I’m trying to determine whether anyone knows facts as to why they can’t get those cars out?

I already have mine. I love it. I ask these questions as an investor.

Actually would be far cheaper than the fee that they are paying to the car haulers! At least they should do this for those that are less than 8 hours driving distance! I’d be coming from So Cal! 😎

Actually would be far cheaper than the fee that they are paying to the car haulers! At least they should do this for those that are less than 8 hours driving distance!
And with factory PPF there would be less risk of paint damage.
BWM, Mercedes and Chevrolet, for the Corvette, and I am just others have factory pickup.

Could be a lot of fun to be at the factory and see your car come out of QA and be ready to take home!

I have offered (to both my SA and my DA) to pick mine (stellar white, loaded Touring) up at the factory if that gets me the car by the end of the year. Both have ignored my offer. I think I may press it more with my DA If he can’t give me a better estimate than “probably the last two weeks of the year”.

If the Riviera Beach Service Center is indicative of the others, they don't have any room on their lots for more cars awaiting PDI.

...Do we know for a fact that Lucid is having difficulty getting haulers? Is that true and if so why?...
More likely IMO that the service/delivery centers are at capacity and are the bottleneck.

Any idea why these delivery centers are at capacity? Shouldn’t they be delivering cars? Is that why there’s hundreds in AZ?

My DA actually mentioned this as a possibility - except to Goose Island and not the factory.

My DA actually mentioned this as a possibility - except to Goose Island and not the factory.
As far as I know, Lucid has never allowed anyone to pick up at the factory. And they probably won’t.

The factory is equipped to make cars. It’s not equipped to deliver cars to customers. Two very different things.

I wonder what the issue is at the service/delivery centers. I assume customers want their completed cars. Is it that there’s not enough reps to go to the customers house?

In my case my car was delivered by covered trailer. A rep drove on his own from Florida to Georgia to meet up with the car at my house.

I wonder what the issue is at the service/delivery centers. I assume customers want their completed cars. Is it that there’s not enough reps to go to the customers house?

In my case my car was delivered by covered trailer. A rep drove on his own from Florida to Georgia to meet up with the car at my house.
Delivering to homes is definitely much more taxing on resources. One DA can basically do one delivery a day to someone’s house. At a service center, they can probably knock out 4 or 5 on a good day. Nevermind the trailer, driver, etc.

Delivering to homes is definitely much more taxing on resources. One DA can basically do one delivery a day to someone’s house. At a service center, they can probably knock out 4 or 5 on a good day. Nevermind the trailer, driver, etc.
In that case why aren’t customers coming to pick up their cars? Since a trailer holds 6 cars, they shouldn’t pile up that fast IF customers are coming to get them. Shouldn’t they be excited that their long awaited car arrived.?

I would have picked up mine locally if the center was closer to me. Mine was 9 hours away.

When I was talking to the Scottsdale service center on Monday, they had just hired another delivery walk through person that was starting Monday. I was told that they had received 14 cars over the weekend. I think the hold up is both scheduling buyers and having trained delivery people available.

Back