knocking sound above drivers front wheel well

Sscnc

Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
DE Number
My GTA developed a knocking sound above the driver's side front wheel this week. Initially I thought a branch or something was stuck in the wheel mechanism, or something was in the frunk. No effect on driving or power but it was unnerving and persistant. I called the service technician and had great response, told not to drive it, the car was picked up and towed for service yesterday. Has anyone had this issue? Any ideas on what to expect? BTW, after a few false starts, I am in a rental car for the duration. The Hertz authorization process didn't work as planned and so I was told to pay and I would be reimbursed for costs. Has this worked for others?

My GTA developed a knocking sound above the driver's side front wheel this week. Initially I thought a branch or something was stuck in the wheel mechanism, or something was in the frunk. No effect on driving or power but it was unnerving and persistant. I called the service technician and had great response, told not to drive it, the car was picked up and towed for service yesterday. Has anyone had this issue? Any ideas on what to expect? BTW, after a few false starts, I am in a rental car for the duration. The Hertz authorization process didn't work as planned and so I was told to pay and I would be reimbursed for costs. Has this worked for others?
This is being discussed here:

The subwoofer does work. Thank you though

Have never heard of this issue.

Took my AGT for a cross country drive starting on the East Coast, when I hit approximately Salt Lake City I started to hear a knocking sound from the left front wheel on rougher terrain. It was serviced in Millbrae, Ca. Needed to torque the front left ”Strut” (or something like it, I am not mechanically inclined) took all of ten minutes. It has gone back to perfect since then. Great service. I am now getting back to the starting point of my tour after 8k miles. Pretty trouble free.

Did you find out what was causing the problem? My car started making a similar sound a month ago, but it cleared up. Now it's back and it's definitely more noticeable. It sounds like the suspension clunks or rattles.

Did you find out what was causing the problem? My car started making a similar sound a month ago, but it cleared up. Now it's back and it's definitely more noticeable. It sounds like the suspension clunks or rattles.
Yes, the car was taken in for service- the strut was loose causing the alignment and suspension to be off - call your representative right away! Good luck.

Yes, the car was taken in for service- the strut was loose causing the alignment and suspension to be off - call your representative right away! Good luck.
Thanks! Will do.

A tech came out today and found that the problem was a loose sway bar. He tightened up the nuts that secure it and the noise went away.

I also had this noise in the front passenger wheel, while turning a corner before reaching home.

Having same symptom left front suspension "rattle" - noticeable over rough pavement when suspension is working harder and most noticeable on right hand curves (when left side suspension is partially loaded). Remote service responded relatively quickly last Thursday (< 24 hrs from my call ) and Andy will be here Wednesday this week. Assuming it will be something similar like a loose sway bar, shock or suspension link. Will keep ya'll posted. If anyone has had experience with Andy (I think out of NJ or eastern PA) let me know. He sounded great on our quick phone call to schedule his visit.

I had the same thing happen a month ago. Turns out there was literally a screw loose. With no access to a lift in the Philadelphia suburbs, they had to tow the car all the way to Virginia to do the work. I can't imagine how much that must have cost Lucid. The tow back was a total s%^%show with the car in a covered trailer barely wide enough for the car to enter/exit. The trailer was hauled by a Toyota SUV. It took the driver 10 hours to drive up from DC because he couldn't travel more than 40 mph because of the weight of the Lucid. Not much of a luxury experience.

I had the same thing happen a month ago. Turns out there was literally a screw loose. With no access to a lift in the Philadelphia suburbs, they had to tow the car all the way to Virginia to do the work. I can't imagine how much that must have cost Lucid. The tow back was a total s%^%show with the car in a covered trailer barely wide enough for the car to enter/exit. The trailer was hauled by a Toyota SUV. It took the driver 10 hours to drive up from DC because he couldn't travel more than 40 mph because of the weight of the Lucid. Not much of a luxury experience.
I am having a hard time understanding how it is not a luxury experience if Lucid towed your vehicle and fixed it at their expense. Most manufacturers would simply laugh if you ask them to tow your car to the service center for a minor service.

I am having a hard time understanding how it is not a luxury experience if Lucid towed your vehicle and fixed it at their expense. Most manufacturers would simply laugh if you ask them to tow your car to the service center for a minor service.
And covered trailers are not cheap

Recently I hit a large bump in the road too fast and knocked the sway bar loose. I heard the knocking immediately. The car drove 100% fine but the rattle was obvious and annoying since the car is so quiet. I called service over the weekend and it took the service team close to 48 hours to respond. Tyler came a day or two later and immediately diagnosed the issue - like in a 1/4 mile drive. He tried to fix it but didn't have the right socket to tighten the bar. So, he did the wiper recall and we scheduled another appointment to fix the bar. Ultimately, Alphonso came and handled the repair. Interestingly, one of the guys performed TSC-M0823-002-01 Malfunctioning Coolant 5 Port Valve without telling me. I found out when reviewing the service order this evening. The total cost for this was $0. Overall, a very good experience and lucked into not suffering the coolant pump issue that is happening with some cars.

Back