King of Prussia location ?

NNPCdude

Cars
Lucid Pure
Saw signs for a Lucid facility in King Of Prussia outside of Philadelphia. It'll be great. For those in this area, the nearest facility is Northern New Jersey

I spoke with a service advisor on 10/9/2023 and he indicated January 2024 as an opening date for King of Prussia service center location.

Been visiting the under-construction Lucid Service Center for the past 6 months. It's located at the King of Prussia mall behind the Costco, at the former Toys R Us store. Access from Mall Blvd. It's well-hidden and tucked right up against the PA Turnpike. Access road is between J. Alexander's restaurant and the Capital Grill (Hyatt House sign too). A few months ago they put a LUCID sign on the building, but took it down? I've been a half-dozen times (there are 350 EA chargers on the opposite side of the mall opposite the failed /abandoned Lord and Taylor), but there are rarely people working on it...and even then only one or two guys. The place is dangerous to visit = don't take the Lucid
PXL_20231024_142533766.jpg
PXL_20231024_145411268.jpg
my first puncture. time to swap in the winter wheels/tires.
The extensive lot is full of dumped construction debris and trash. The number of tire marks indicate it is a hangout for guys who think there is way too much tread on their tires. Today it looks like they finished the metal stud framing. A drywall crew of a half dozen or more were about half done. The space is now divided into offices / showroom, and a huge service area (behind the wall on left).
PXL_20231024_141433970.NIGHT.jpg
PXL_20231024_140811638.jpg
PXL_20231024_141725726.jpg
PXL_20231024_141231004.jpg
PXL_20231024_141512598.jpg
looks like they will have outside chargers available for LUCID only.

As I said I've been inside (front door open; nobody there) and seen the blueprints. No way it will be finished this year.

Attachments

• PXL_20231024_141126818.jpg
    PXL_20231024_141126818.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 92
  • PXL_20231024_141146716.jpg
    PXL_20231024_141146716.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 94
Thank you for the pictures. I am sorry that you caught that screw. Hopefully it didn't puncture through the tire. I am also skeptical about timeline and completion of this service center. We can only hope. My understanding is that they are planning to partially open it with only 4 lifts or less. They have openings already posted for the KOP service center. The place won't be completely finished until later. They want to offload the PDIs from New York area as they are backed up there. That is what I heard from a mobile tech.

PXL_20230706_104544624 - Copy.jpg

PXL_20230706_104500551.jpg
PXL_20230706_104633171.jpg
This was several months ago. They took the LUCID sign down/ refreshed the fascia. Used to look like this:
PXL_20221112_170509642.jpg

Yeah I guess it's time to put the winter wheels back on. Was hoping to get my annual service done and pick up some bits (trunk/funk liners/ recall service on wiper bolts/ new fasteners and spare aero wegies for front wheels
PXL_20230709_174529684 - Copy.jpg

but no joy. guess I'll have to swap wheels myself...
PXL_20230414_182853158.jpg

or call Andy
PXL_20221031_171813271.jpg

Will keep everyone posted here.

Yeah I guess it's time to put the winter wheels back on. Was hoping to get my annual service done and pick up some bits (trunk/funk liners/ recall service on wiper bolts/ new fasteners and spare aero wegies for front wheelsView attachment 15872
but no joy. guess I'll have to swap wheels myself...View attachment 15873
or call Andy
View attachment 15874
Will keep everyone posted here.
This is why I have a "winter" ICE car. Having to do this swap every late fall & winter would drive me nuts. I'll eventually upgrade my "winter" ICE car to a cheap "winter" EV maybe a small cross over or SUV.

Kinda looking forward to seeing how the Lucid GT deals with snow/ice. We didn't even get flurries last winter, and it doesn't look good for this one. Only hope is that the climate change disruption will give us a Nor Easter that delivers 3 feet of snow, then it all melts in 24 hrs.
Has been a while since we've had a proper winter in SE PA
DSC00034.JPG
DSC00021.JPG

where's the turbo on this thing?
DSC00062.JPG

cool racing stripes after a run up to ski country. miss skiing. miss the snow. miss winter in general.

Kinda looking forward to seeing how the Lucid GT deals with snow/ice. We didn't even get flurries last winter, and it doesn't look good for this one.
The Air is excellent in the snow. Even before I put on my winter tires, the all-season 19s were fine. All-wheel drive and extra weight help a lot. Though you just need to be smart and keep a good distance from other drivers for the increased stopping distance. Fortunately, CO drivers are old hat to this and thus I seldom need to worry.

Kinda looking forward to seeing how the Lucid GT deals with snow/ice. We didn't even get flurries last winter, and it doesn't look good for this one. Only hope is that the climate change disruption will give us a Nor Easter that delivers 3 feet of snow, then it all melts in 24 hrs.
Has been a while since we've had a proper winter in SE PA
View attachment 15879View attachment 15881
where's the turbo on this thing?
View attachment 15882
cool racing stripes after a run up to ski country. miss skiing. miss the snow. miss winter in general.
What is with you introverts?? My Wife misses winter too!

But yeah, we haven't had a proper winter in about 2 years. I haven't used my snow blower at all in the last 2 hell, maybe even 3 winters. Forecasts predict that changing this winter. More snow/telework days for me I guess.

This is why I have a "winter" ICE car. Having to do this swap every late fall & winter would drive me nuts. I'll eventually upgrade my "winter" ICE car to a cheap "winter" EV maybe a small cross over or SUV.
This is why I live in California

(though I still swap 21s and 19s for road trips/winter, but I'm lucky to just have service do it for me)

I just stopped by KOP building myself...how is it possible this will be done even by January? (Was supposed to be December). Place was a mess and even the Lucid only parking spots have a bunch of construction debris on them now.

Android Auto February !

I'm wondering if we should just hold an "opening" ourselves: pick a date and tailgate party on their lot. it would be a good place to rave 'cause it's way back out of view.

we should invite the mobile service truck/ guys.

maybe the Solstice. who doesn't enjoy a Bacchanal on the Solstice ?

(ps.... had a nice Guy Fawkes day...kept the bonfire going 26 hours!)

Last edited:
Android Auto February !

I'm wondering if we should just hold an "opening" ourselves: pick a date and tailgate party on their lot. it would be a good place to rave 'cause it's way back out of view.

we should invite the mobile service truck/ guys.

maybe the Solstice. who doesn't enjoy a Bacchanal on the Solstice ?

(ps.... had a nice Guy Fawkes day...kept the bonfire going 26 hours!)
King of Prussia Mondays!

It would be nice to have coffee with the locals meeting mondays at the 350 EA chargers across from Lord & Taylors, but,
the darn Lucid charges so quickly you can barely have time to find a place to pee.

Hey, now that Lucid sells a transfusion cable, maybe we can set up a "transfusion booth" when there is a line at the chargers...

I'm tellin' ya, once we can tap into that huge Lucid battery the tail-gating parties are going to be... makes me wonder what is the largest flat screen that will fit in a Lucid ?

It would be nice to have coffee with the locals meeting mondays at the 350 EA chargers across from Lord & Taylors, but,
the darn Lucid charges so quickly you can barely have time to find a place to pee.

Hey, now that Lucid sells a transfusion cable, maybe we can set up a "transfusion booth" when there is a line at the chargers...

I'm tellin' ya, once we can tap into that huge Lucid battery the tail-gating parties are going to be... makes me wonder what is the largest flat screen that will fit in a Lucid ?
We can start Saturday or Sunday morning coffee in the spring.

Just drove by on the turnpike..at these speeds I can't see any progress...but the big Lucid sign is back above the doors and can't be mistaken

Back