Key FOB procedures for Opening Trunk and Frunk

stevelitchfieldpark

Verified Owner
Cars
Grand Touring
Referral Code
HC0XPIMN
I saw this post somewhere on opening and closing trunk/frunk but can't find now. I believe if you hold the FOB in it will open the Frunk but how do you open the Trunk?

There are currently (8/1/22) 5 functions for the key fob.
1) Press Once - Lock. If you do this again, you will hear the horn honk.
2) Press Twice - Unlock
3) Press 3 times - Alarm activates
4) Press + Hold - Frunk Open/Close
5) Pres Once + Press + Hold - Trunk Open/Close

There are currently (8/1/22) 5 functions for the key fob. ...
Which impresses me as being overly complex... the simplicity of a single "button" but the complexity of needing to memorize a non-intuitive set of dances to do with it...

I
Which impresses me as being overly complex... the simplicity of a single "button" but the complexity of needing to memorize a non-intuitive set of dances to do with it...
It's not so bad, after a week of use it's second nature

it will become second nature for those who use the fob all the time but for those who only use it on occasion, you shouldn't need to go to the manual to remember the button sequence to get things to open. I just use the App top open and close the Frunk\Trunk

Certainly a tradeoff. But the advantage is that they were able to add that two-tap-and-hold for the trunk after-the-fact. Something they would not have been able to do if there were multiple buttons that had locked-in functionality, like most fobs.

Who knows what else they may add in the future? Probably not much else they need, but they at least have the option.

I’ve always found it easier and faster to just open the trunk by pressing the button on the trunk itself. No need to take out phone or fob.

I would rather have a multi button fob like the Tesla model X and S.

2) Press Twice - Unlock
Since the big update, my horn does not always sound when I press the key fob the second time. I always check to make sure the car is locked, so I don't know why the horn doesn't always sound. Has anyone else noticed this?

Speaking of memorizing functions and presses - you don’t necessarily need to memorize. There are pictograms on the bottom side of the fob. So if you forget the sequence turn it over and use the visual aide:)

Speaking of memorizing functions and presses - you don’t necessarily need to memorize. There are pictograms on the bottom side of the fob. So if you forget the sequence turn it over and use the visual aide:)
My eye sight is not up to that...
And those (as withmost) pictographs do not speak to me.

Is it possible to close the frunk and trunk with the mobile app.? I can open using the app. without issue, but the can't figure out how to close via the app., if that's even an option. Here's my screen with the frunk currently open.

Attachments

• IMG_D29D3A701CC1-1.jpeg
    IMG_D29D3A701CC1-1.jpeg
    668.7 KB · Views: 70
Is it possible to close the frunk and trunk with the mobile app.? I can open using the app. without issue, but the can't figure out how to close via the app., if that's even an option. Here's my screen with the frunk currently open.
Touch the icon that opens it and it should close an open one...
though I find the frunk's operation is a bit flaky (sometimes it opens, sometimes not).

The mystyc runes on the key fob can only be seen by the last light of Durin's Day, when the thrush knocks thrice. In my paper user manual even the Lucid logo is shown as white, yet no such logo appears on the fob itself. Mystery upon mystery.

Touch the icon that opens it and it should close an open one...
though I find the frunk's operation is a bit flaky (sometimes it opens, sometimes not).
The icon is deselected and doesn’t respond to a press. I must be doing something wrong. Will keep trying, thanks.

2) Press Twice - Unlock
I"m going to print this out and laminate it. The only thing I can consistently do is set off the alarm.

I"m going to print this out and laminate it. The only thing I can consistently do is set off the alarm.
Bingo... I have put it in a contact entry of "Lucid Hints", as they all seem to be black magic acts...

Back