tonybot

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Lucid Air Pure RWD
Referral Code
H48T7836
Hi,

I have a 2024 Pure, and I don’t have a DD Pro; therefore, I have no highway assistance. I have DD premium. I am running 2.4.10. Today, while driving on the Dallas North Tollway, my wife and I got a hands-on-wheel warning multiple times on separate trips. We had been actively driving when this warning showed up, and even moving over to another lane didn’t silence it. It went away on its own after a bit.

This is the first time for us. And no assistant feature was used - not even adaptive cruise control. A friend of mine who has a 2024 pure with base DD also received this message today. I have done a logo reset and will let the car sleep overnight and see if that makes a difference. However, first trip and error was early in the morning and second round was in the afternoon and the car slept for several hours in between.

Curious if anyone else is facing something similar? I will engage support if it happens again.

Hi,

I have a 2024 Pure, and I don’t have a DD Pro; therefore, I have no highway assistance. I have DD premium. I am running 2.4.10. Today, while driving on the Dallas North Tollway, my wife and I got a hands-on-wheel warning multiple times on separate trips. We had been actively driving when this warning showed up, and even moving over to another lane didn’t silence it. It went away on its own after a bit.

This is the first time for us. And no assistant feature was used - not even adaptive cruise control. A friend of mine who has a 2024 pure with base DD also received this message today. I have done a logo reset and will let the car sleep overnight and see if that makes a difference. However, first trip and error was early in the morning and second round was in the afternoon and the car slept for several hours in between.

Curious if anyone else is facing something similar? I will engage support if it happens again.

Happens to me as well. 2024 DD Pre jump. Happened on previous firmwares as well. It’s definitely annoying.

It never happenes to me, but my husband gets that a lot. It drives him nuts, since he is paying attention and his hands are on the wheel.

I had this occasionally in the past, but since the latest update it has happened repeatedly when it makes absolutely no sense (for example, while actively turning into a sharp bend), and the warning takes a long time to turn off.

What were the lane lines like at the time? If you are too close or over a lane line for long enough it will trigger this warning. There is a street in my neighborhood that is very narrow with a double yellow line and I sometimes get this warning for driving on the line.

What were the lane lines like at the time? If you are too close or over a lane line for long enough, it will trigger this warning. There is a street in my neighborhood that is very narrow with a double yellow line and I sometimes get this warning for driving on the line.
This is a regular 6-lane divided tollway, but there is ongoing construction. Both occasions we drove in the middle lane. This is a usual route for me, but it never happened prior to 2.4.10. I am going to keep driving that road and see if I can consistently reproduce it.

Hi,

I have Dream Drive Pro so hands-on steering wheel alerts are expected.

Logically, any level less than Dream Drive Pro should not have such alerts because the steering is not controlled by the automation system when you don't pay for the Highway Assist option. It's manual steering!

I have Dream Drive Pro so hands-on steering wheel alerts are expected.

Logically, any level less than Dream Drive Pro should not have such alerts because the steering is not controlled by the automation system when you don't pay for the Highway Assist option. It's manual steering!

Agree! And that is why I was puzzled as well. Possibly a bug? @mcr16

This is a regular 6-lane divided tollway, but there is ongoing construction. Both occasions we drove in the middle lane. This is a usual route for me, but it never happened prior to 2.4.10. I am going to keep driving that road and see if I can consistently reproduce it.
I have DDP on my Touring and drive the DNT from Oaklawn to Northwest highway 5 days a week and don't get the hands on the well message unless HA is engaged. HA is very challenged on the DNT however. I don't really use it there but I have been recently just to check the new update and lane change feature. A bit of a different circumstance from you though.

I have DDP on my Touring and drive the DNT from Oaklawn to Northwest highway 5 days a week and don't get the hands on the well message unless HA is engaged. HA is very challenged on the DNT however. I don't really use it there but I have been recently just to check the new update and lane change feature. A bit of a different circumstance from you th

Thanks for sharing. What surprises me really is that this message comes on when I don't have DD pro. We don't have any lane-keeping features with DD premium, where the car is driving itself.

My suggestion would be to try to record the occurrence when it happens and contact customer service. This way engineering team can review the logs and hopefully identify the specific scenario. Issues like that are probably very difficult to reproduce in order to fix it.

Dream Drive standard and premium have numerous safety and ADAS features - Highway Assist is not what causes the hands on wheel request.

I believe the culprit for the issues mentioned above is the Driver Monitoring System for distracted/drowsy driving. This system cannot be fully turned off.

My experience with Driver Monitoring System has been similar to what posters above described. Often on very straight highways it beeps at me and stop music despite hands on wheel and driving smoothly while maintaining lane center.

Hi,

This has happened to me about 3 times in the last month. I noticed it happens when I have my left hand at the 12 to 1 o'clock position on steering wheel. Hasn't happened when I'm driving with my hands at the 3 and 9 position where my face is visible by the steering wheel camera. I take it that somehow I'm blocking the camera when one handed driving with my left hand crossing the camera.

I've also had it happen very early in the morning on my way to work. My guess there is that either the lighting to too dark and it can't clearly see my eyes OR my eyes are so puffy in the morning it thinks I'm sleeping behind the wheel hahaha

I don't have DDPro. Just premium with my 2024 Air Pure.

Either way it's definitely annoying.

This has happened to me about three times in the last month. I noticed it happens when I have my left hand at the 12 to 1 o'clock position on steering wheel. Hasn't happened when I'm driving with my hands at the 3 and 9 position where my face is visible by the steering wheel camera. I take it that somehow I'm blocking the camera when one handed driving with my left hand crossing the camera.

I've also had it happen very early in the morning on my way to work. My guess there is that either the lighting to too dark and it can't clearly see my eyes OR my eyes are so puffy in the morning it thinks I'm sleeping behind the wheel hahaha

I don't have DDPro. Just premium with my 2024 Air Pure.

Either way it's definitely annoying.

Thanks for sharing. It happened to me early in the morning, and I was one-handed driving. It happened to my wife on a sunny afternoon, and she had both hands on the steering. We were worried the vehicle would slow down or stop if the error didn't go away. It's not a great idea on busy Dallas highways!

Back