Kayaks

Spin Doctor

Verified Owner
Cars
'22 AGT, '93 968
Referral Code
NM5ZS2NA
Newsflash: you can get two Tuktek folding kayaks, four adults, and of course all the obligatory life jackets, paddles, coolers, towels etc etc, in an Air with tonnes of room left over 😎

Attachments

• CDC8A324-1634-466B-A81F-78433783DDBD.jpeg
    CDC8A324-1634-466B-A81F-78433783DDBD.jpeg
    811.2 KB · Views: 142
The storage capacity of this car never ceases to amaze me. Every time I show someone the lower frunk, their jaws drop.

I could never! LoL too much opportunity for mud, dirt, dirty clothes etc to stain up the car. Allllll of that would be going in my truck but more power to you for having the fortitude to pack it in your Lucid 😅

The storage capacity of this car never ceases to amaze me. Every time I show someone the lower frunk, their jaws drop.
The Genesis Electrified G80 that I currently have as a loaner is about the same size as the Air. But the storage capacity of the G80 is abysmal. No comparison to the Lucid Air. I couldn't even find a way to fit a 50" TV in the trunk (height is awful, rear seats don't lie down). My forum buddy, who has both an I4 and a G80 says that he gets way more in the smaller I4.

The Lucid and Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid are within 1 cubic foot of storage space between each other. Having to unpack the Lucid to then pack the same luggage in the Hyundai was a game of Tetris... And it spilled into the cabin with at least two bags crammed in the back.

The Lucid had a single diaper bag in the back with the children.

Good to know about these kayaks and that the kayaks fit in the back. Here I thought we would need to buy the Gravity to haul kayaks. Now it's just a question of how many mountain bikes you can put into the back of a Lucid plus luggage.

On a recent trip, I managed to pack three camping mats, two large sleeping bags, pillows, a tent, four bags of clothes, three bags of food and utensils, and lots of other small items. All within the trunk and frunk. Nothing in the cabin.

I know for some the low openings are a problem. But damn if I can't fit more into this car than most SUVs I've rented. Certainly way more than the average crossover. And still have comfortable space for five passengers.

I have a love-hate relationship with the storage. The Frunk is great compared to other Frunks, but not sufficient as the only storage option obviously. The trunk has large capacity but the narrowness of the opening automatically eliminates the fitment of certain items even if those items are otherwise not really all that big.

Can’t wait for the overhead cargo bin to drop 🙏🏼🙏🏼

Now that I think about it, I might just eliminate the dual level nature of the trunk entirely, get rid of that lid/divider, and design a uni-mat that just covers the entire surface in one slick piece. Or would that look horrendous…🤔

I could never! LoL too much opportunity for mud, dirt, dirty clothes etc to stain up the car. Allllll of that would be going in my truck but more power to you for having the fortitude to pack it in your Lucid 😅
Eh, it's a car. I love it, it's the best car I've ever owned, but it's still a car. It needs to be able to haul mulch home from the garden center, or kayaks to the lake. I have the LinerX mats in the cabin and a Weathertech mat in the trunk. That plus the right combination of trash bags, blankets etc keeps the mess in the car to an eminently vacuumable minimun. Plus I don't have. truck :D

The Lucid and Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid are within 1 cubic foot of storage space between each other. Having to unpack the Lucid to then pack the same luggage in the Hyundai was a game of Tetris... And it spilled into the cabin with at least two bags crammed in the back.

The Lucid had a single diaper bag in the back with the children.

Good to know about these kayaks and that the kayaks fit in the back. Here I thought we would need to buy the Gravity to haul kayaks. Now it's just a question of how many mountain bikes you can put into the back of a Lucid plus luggage.
They're pretty good, and very stable. But they're a little slow, and not as comfortable as a conventional rigid boat. Great for pottering around, though.

Got a Pure on order, but I can never get rid of my 2012 Mazda5: the perfect vehicle for carrying kayaks, drums, building supplies. etc. Has to be the most underrated, under appreciated car ever. Still runs like a top, not a single problem. 🙂

Back