Just took delivery of Lucid AT! The good the bad...and one question!

Eevee

Cars
Air Touring
Alright folks so first of all let me say this was a very emotional experience for me as this is my first luxury vehicle purchase! The gentleman that helped me at the Milbrae studio seemed very genuine with me and allowed me to express all my emotions of happiness, then tears(he brought me tissues), then nitpickiness when I calmed down. I did as thorough of an inspection as I could thanks to your guys' recommendation, car was manufactured in November of 2022, and the issues I found at pickup were:

- Tire pressure sensors needed to be re calibrated, all 4 tires were not displaying PSI in pilot panel/app even after driving
- Headliner where mic is(that "Y" shaped thing) was popped off and hanging down. Should have took pics but car is with ppf shop now
- Rear brake light black panel above the trunk was pretty scratched up
- I think the front half of the glass roof was a little misaligned and uneven compared to other cars but that was probably my ocd

Everything else looked great, paint, tires, functionality, panel gaps were fine(don't really care either way but entertained it). Overall, even with the issues, the experience and the drive was amazing and service was very friendly and took accountability for all my concerns. I didn't wanna part with my car when I dropped it off at the shop :(

They suggested that I needed to come back for a later appointment since all my issues were not greatly impacting safety/functionality. Unfortunately they are super backed up and my appointment isn't until the first week of April. I also got locked out of my car while at the ppf shop in Brentwood because I didn't know the software update was scheduled to start as soon as it locked, and the ppf guy had to wait 30 minutes till I could give him the car lol, I probably accidentally set that option up.

I did notice I had a lot of features that I assumed would not be included without DreamDrivePro, like auto park, which one of the SA's prior mentioned I wouldn't have. So many people made it seem like standard DD came with nothing so I was pleasantly surprised!

I do have one question though. I thought the blind spot visual on the side panels only came with DDPro? To my understanding I was told that I have DD standard and don't have any free trial of pro. The blind spot cameras were definitely on automatically when I was signaling while driving. Did I maybe somehow get the three month trial and my DA misinformed me?? Or does that actually come standard with DD

*Overall very happy to be a new Lucid owner and I can't wait to have nice lcong drives with my new baby once she's all patched up*

Congratulations on your first luxury car, no doubt that it was a special experience!!

Sorry I don't have an answer on the DD.

Alright folks so first of all let me say this was a very emotional experience for me as this is my first luxury vehicle purchase! The gentleman that helped me at the Milbrae studio seemed very genuine with me and allowed me to express all my emotions of happiness, then tears(he brought me tissues), then nitpickiness when I calmed down. I did as thorough of an inspection as I could thanks to your guys' recommendation, car was manufactured in November of 2022, and the issues I found at pickup were:

- Tire pressure sensors needed to be re calibrated, all 4 tires were not displaying PSI in pilot panel/app even after driving
- Headliner where mic is(that "Y" shaped thing) was popped off and hanging down. Should have took pics but car is with ppf shop now
- Rear brake light black panel above the trunk was pretty scratched up
- I think the front half of the glass roof was a little misaligned and uneven compared to other cars but that was probably my ocd

Everything else looked great, paint, tires, functionality, panel gaps were fine(don't really care either way but entertained it). Overall, even with the issues, the experience and the drive was amazing and service was very friendly and took accountability for all my concerns. I didn't wanna part with my car when I dropped it off at the shop :(

They suggested that I needed to come back for a later appointment since all my issues were not greatly impacting safety/functionality. Unfortunately they are super backed up and my appointment isn't until the first week of April. I also got locked out of my car while at the ppf shop in Brentwood because I didn't know the software update was scheduled to start as soon as it locked, and the ppf guy had to wait 30 minutes till I could give him the car lol, I probably accidentally set that option up.

I did notice I had a lot of features that I assumed would not be included without DreamDrivePro, like auto park, which one of the SA's prior mentioned I wouldn't have. So many people made it seem like standard DD came with nothing so I was pleasantly surprised!

I do have one question though. I thought the blind spot visual on the side panels only came with DDPro? To my understanding I was told that I have DD standard and don't have any free trial of pro. The blind spot cameras were definitely on automatically when I was signaling while driving. Did I maybe somehow get the three month trial and my DA misinformed me?? Or does that actually come standard with DD

*Overall very happy to be a new Lucid owner and I can't wait to have nice lcong drives with my new baby once she's all patched up*
You probably have the hardware for DDPRO installed.. I would check your window sticker for confirmation…If it’s listed then you will have if for 90 days.

All of the cars should have DDPRO hardware installed. There's a 90 day trial for DDPRO and the Premium sound.

All of the cars should have DDPRO hardware installed. There's a 90 day trial for DDPRO and the Premium sound.
After 90 days how could you tell what changed in the sound? If anyone knows, is it apparently noticeable after 3 months some speakers would turn off?

I thought auto park was standard in vanilla DreamDrive?

Both a Lucid SA and Lucid service person have told me that they don't expect Lucid to take away surround view and blind spot cameras after the DD Pro trial expires, especially since these are par for the course in their competitors. However this is not a guarantee.

After 90 days how could you tell what changed in the sound? If anyone knows, is it apparently noticeable after 3 months some speakers would turn off?
I thought auto park was standard in vanilla DreamDrive?

Both a Lucid SA and Lucid service person have told me that they don't expect Lucid to take away surround view and blind spot cameras after the DD Pro trial expires, especially since these are par for the course in their competitors. However this is not a guarantee.
That was one of my concerns. I didn't see the benefit of DD Pro except for the surround view cameras and blind spot cameras both of which are pretty common now on cars. Beyond that, I didn't see much in DDPro that made me want it.

As to the sound, if you can't tell the difference, you don't need the upgrade.

My bitch with Lucid has always been communications. If Lucid communicated clearly what it is selling and what it will be selling, and what features will be there, I would probably still be on the waiting list for a Pure.

That was one of my concerns. I didn't see the benefit of DD Pro except for the surround view cameras and blind spot cameras both of which are pretty common now on cars. Beyond that, I didn't see much in DDPro that made me want it.

As to the sound, if you can't tell the difference, you don't need the upgrade.

My bitch with Lucid has always been communications. If Lucid communicated clearly what it is selling and what it will be selling, and what features will be there, I would probably still be on the waiting list for a Pure.
Not exactly true. If you on their website and confirm an Air and go down to the features section and click on the information icon, you will what you will be getting with DD and what features will be added with DDP.

And to save people the trouble:
1678753184957.png

Not exactly true. If you on their website and confirm an Air and go down to the features section and click on the information icon, you will what you will be getting with DD and what features will be added with DDP.
Thank you but I wasn't talking about ADAS, I was talking about particular models or, in my case, the RWD pure. It was only very very recently that we learned the HP of that model (430) and we still don't know what features may have been removed compared to a Touring.

Thank you but I wasn't talking about ADAS, I was talking about particular models or, in my case, the RWD pure. It was only very very recently that we learned the HP of that model (430) and we still don't know what features may have been removed compared to a Touring.
Welcome to the world of buying an EV. Lucid could change the spec next quarter to boost demand or add new products/features. Lucid is not alone. Tesla is notorious on changing their spec of their cars all the time.

Back