Just picked up my Air Dream

bluegold85

Cars
Lucid Air Dream
First one delivered in Northern VA and third in the DC area! The gold color is amazing and already turning lots of heads. Car performance is great, but I have to admit I was totally underwhelmed by the features and ow many of them are still missing. Basic stuff like lane departure. I'm also not sure if adaptive cruise control is even activated. I tried using it (buttons on steering wheel) and nothing responded. Also have had to restart the car twice to reset software. First time was when auto park feature came on and pilot screen was unusable (I was trying to retract mirrors to get in the garage) and the second time was when no sound from the speakers after I logged into spotify. Also, is anyone else having issues with facial recognition on set up?

First one delivered in Northern VA and third in the DC area! The gold color is amazing and already turning lots of heads. Car performance is great, but I have to admit I was totally underwhelmed by the features and ow many of them are still missing. Basic stuff like lane departure. I'm also not sure if adaptive cruise control is even activated. I tried using it (buttons on steering wheel) and nothing responded. Also have had to restart the car twice to reset software. First time was when auto park feature came on and pilot screen was unusable (I was trying to retract mirrors to get in the garage) and the second time was when no sound from the speakers after I logged into spotify. Also, is anyone else having issues with facial recognition on set up?
Congratulations, DMV'er!! Glad to have your DE in the neighborhood. Did you take delivery at Tysons Corner or your home? How did that process go for you?
Lots of posts about all the items you mentioned.

Welcome...you will find a lit of helpful information on this board. Much of what you are talking about have been talked about in various forms here. A good place to start is here:

Also, your fellow DE owners on here are very engaged and helpful in answering questions.

Also this thread towards the later pages:

Congratulations, DMV'er!! Glad to have your DE in the neighborhood. Did you take delivery at Tysons Corner or your home? How did that process go for you?
Lots of posts about all the items you mentioned.
Took delivery in Tyson's yesterday. Process was smooth and we went into the studio to review car features (was freezing out!). I was a bit nervous heading out of the mall parking garage, lots of Saturday traffic, but all was good. I'm a tech geek so I'm happy there is lots of info posted here and everything (so far) seems software related. The mechanical aspects of the vehicle were amazing and my wife and I put it through some paces yesterday. Also, this car gets plenty of looks (which I like). That said, I think the transfer process is definitely a work in progress. We will give some feedback there as well. Best news, we were told a service center and new studio is in the work for the old Macy's store at Tysons Galleria. That will be great.

Welcome...you will find a lit of helpful information on this board. Much of what you are talking about have been talked about in various forms here. A good place to start is here:

Also, your fellow DE owners on here are very engaged and helpful in answering questions.
Yep, I just found it and THANKS! @hmp10 write up was great help.

Took delivery in Tyson's yesterday. Process was smooth and we went into the studio to review car features (was freezing out!). I was a bit nervous heading out of the mall parking garage, lots of Saturday traffic, but all was good. I'm a tech geek so I'm happy there is lots of info posted here and everything (so far) seems software related. The mechanical aspects of the vehicle were amazing and my wife and I put it through some paces yesterday. Also, this car gets plenty of looks (which I like). That said, I think the transfer process is definitely a work in progress. We will give some feedback there as well. Best news, we were told a service center and new studio is in the work for the old Macy's store at Tysons Galleria. That will be great.
What transfer process are you referring to?

What transfer process are you referring to?
Just transferring the car. It actually wasn't much of a "process" and the delivery advisor was a good guy, but didn't really have much information to give us other than basic functions of the vehicle. It would have been good for him to give us a heads up on software issues and the lack of some basic functionality. Lucid needs to do better when it comes to training people who are out in field. Sounds like techs are good.

Your delivery was probably the first managed through the Tysons Corner Studio since they just opened up a couple of months ago. Virtually all of the personnel there are fresh, including the studio manager. They will need to get further acclimated quickly, since I suspect the DC Metro area should have a good cluster of DEs coming their way.

Your delivery was probably the first managed through the Tysons Corner Studio since they just opened up a couple of months ago. Virtually all of the personnel there are fresh, including the studio manager. They will need to get further acclimated quickly, since I suspect the DC Metro area should have a good cluster of DEs coming their way.
Don't think we were the first, but completely understand this is a totally new process. Wasn't trying to be super critical, just that the Lucid studio teams should be well versed in the current situation with vehicles they are delivering and corporate should be better equipping them, especially as it relates to current software and features.

They could at least inform you about the upcoming update and what’s being turned on. Peter sent the email to owners so not like it’s a big secret to keep quiet.

Congrat! What is your DE#? Looking forward for the pic.

is anyone else having issues with facial recognition on set up?
Did you get to the post (it's in the owners manual too) where they point out the camera used for monitoring the driver and setting up the profile is at the bottom of the glass cockpit? Owner's manual shows it to be bottom edge smack in the center in line with the middle of the steering wheel. It has to have a clear shot of your face to set up the profile so depending on your height, you may need to move the steering wheel up or down (the suggestion by another owner was to move it all the way down)

Congrat! What is your DE#? Looking forward for the pic.
Lucid 7.jpeg
Lucid 7.jpeg

Did you get to the post (it's in the owners manual too) where they point out the camera used for monitoring the driver and setting up the profile is at the bottom of the glass cockpit? Owner's manual shows it to be bottom edge smack in the center in line with the middle of the steering wheel. It has to have a clear shot of your face to set up the profile so depending on your height, you may need to move the steering wheel up or down (the suggestion by another owner was to move it all the way down)
Just saw that one and will give it another shot tomorrow. I had already adjusted the steering wheel high, so I'm betting that fixes it. Thanks!

Back