Just got my VIN

Dslee68

Verified Owner
Hello from Phoenix, AZ. I ordered a Zenith Red Touring with metal roof and just got my VIN. It's been a long wait... I reserved it in August 2021. This past weekend I went to Scottsdale to test drive it again. I test drove a car with the glass canopy and liked it so switch my car to a glass roof.

I hope the sun isn't too harsh through the roof?

I ordered the aluminum roof as well, with the idea that the glass canopy could not take the Texas heat. After switching to the glass canopy, I feel most of the heat is from the side and back windows. I'll be tinting those windows soon.

Good to hear! I was really worried about it. 😬😬😬 No problem with glare from the sun? Was the AC powerful enough to keep the cabin cool?
Glare is definitely not an issue since the canopy is well tinted. I find the AC to work well, some owners report that it is not as good as their ICE cars. Because the canopy tint blocks the heat transmission, the glass can get very hot to the touch. You can feel the heat from the glass radiate heat onto the top of your head. This is a problem when you are not moving since there is no airflow over the glass to cool it. Like any car that is parked in the AZ sun, the Lucid will get very hot inside. I find it cools down fine once I start driving.

One tip I would give is to utilize the sun shades. I’ve found when parking in the Colorado sun, having the two side shades and the rear up really helps keep the cabin cooler.

henlo! welcome to the forums!

I've lived with a metal roof Pure and a glass canopy GT. I'm happier with the metal roof. There is a huge difference especially with the sun/heat objectively. If I was to redo my Air order, I would've went for a Touring with metal roof.

Reactions: Plg
I love the glass canopy roof. It is one of the design features that set this car apart from all of the others.
And for me the primary reason why the Pure wasn’t an option for me.

the problem with the glass canopy for me is that the sunvisors cuts off the effect of the continuous glass and establishes a roof line. sometimes I drive with the sunvisors tucked into the pillar in order to fully appreciate the glass canopy

Back