And here, the Tesla crowd would have you believe there has yet to be a single accident that was autopilot's fault.A more extensive "engineering" investigation will be condudted into the Tesla Auto Pilot after so many accidents have ocurred over the last 4 years. To read the article, just click HERE
I alternate days driving between my Tesla and Lucid. I wouldn't phrase it like that. I don't think the accidents are the "fault" of the autopilot. The Level II steering and cruise control needs to be watched continuously, hence the designation Level II. How a driver could allow their car to run into an emergency vehicle parked on the shoulder because they "thought" the Tesla should avoid it is remarkable. If the argument is that people are deceived into complacency by the phrase "Autopilot", I don't buy it. My guess is the number of MVAs per mile while Tesla autopilot is enabled is far lower than the number per mile where it is not enabled. They have many millions of miles of data stored. Let's see it.And here, the Tesla crowd would have you believe there has yet to be a single accident that was autopilot's fault.
It's not that people are deceived into complacency, so much as it's simply not as safe to be "watching" over another driver than it is to just drive yourself. At least at the current technology level.I alternate days driving between my Tesla and Lucid. I wouldn't phrase it like that. I don't think the accidents are the "fault" of the autopilot. The Level II steering and cruise control needs to be watched continuously, hence the designation Level II. How a driver could allow their car to run into an emergency vehicle parked on the shoulder because they "thought" the Tesla should avoid it is remarkable. If the argument is that people are deceived into complacency by the phrase "Autopilot", I don't buy it. My guess is the number of MVAs per mile while Tesla autopilot is enabled is far lower than the number per mile where it is not enabled. They have many millions of miles of data stored. Let's see it.
There’s a separate investigation regarding phantom braking. Over 750 people filed complaints in the past 4 years.I have't experienced phantom braking in the Tesla, so can't comment on that. I think the NHTSA investigation is focused on running into roadside vehicles.