Admin
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Dream P
DE Number
Referral Code
R0YBCKIJ
I remember reading a post about a non Lucid tire inflator kit not reaching the front tires.

Just checked and the Lucid one does!

20220924_075012.jpg

I remember reading a post about a non Lucid tire inflator kit not reaching the front tires.

View attachment 4899
I was at COSTCO the last week and decided to use the tire service inflation system to bring my tires up to spec. The dam thing deflated my right front tire. I got out my super duper Lucid tire inflation kit out and pumped my tire back up. It is not fast as it is a very small compressor, but it works. The flap over the tire stem is awkward to work with, but is manageable.

I was at COSTCO the last week and decided to use the tire service inflation system to bring my tires up to spec. The dam thing deflated my right front tire. I got out my super duper Lucid tire inflation kit out and pumped my tire back up. It is not fast as it is a very small compressor, but it works. The flap over the tire stem is awkward to work with, but is manageable.
This exact thing happened to me. The Lucid tire inflator also sucks for this purposes on 19” wheels, because it’s a screw on connector and you’ll lose PSI detaching it, and it is very tough to screw on to the valve stem with the 19” aero covers. I ended up getting this Ryobi one without the battery as I already have plenty of other Ryobi tools that use the same battery. It’s great because the flip lock switch on it keeps you from losing PSI and it attaches to the 19” valve stem through the aero covers just fine.
Ryobi Portable Power Inflator for Tires [NEW DIGITAL GAUGE] [18-Volt] [Cordless] [ONE+ Battery system] [P737D] (Battery Not Included, Power Tool Only) https://a.co/d/fGq76CI

I’m the exact opposite. Always fumble with the flip lock , but no issue with the screw-on method for my ICE and EQS.
Additionally, also concerned about the rare event where the flip lock will grab the thread the wrong way and strip it in the process.

This exact thing happened to me. The Lucid tire inflator also sucks for this purposes on 19” wheels, because it’s a screw on connector and you’ll lose PSI detaching it, and it is very tough to screw on to the valve stem with the 19” aero covers. I ended up getting this Ryobi one without the battery as I already have plenty of other Ryobi tools that use the same battery. It’s great because the flip lock switch on it keeps you from losing PSI and it attaches to the 19” valve stem through the aero covers just fine.
Ryobi Portable Power Inflator for Tires [NEW DIGITAL GAUGE] [18-Volt] [Cordless] [ONE+ Battery system] [P737D] (Battery Not Included, Power Tool Only) https://a.co/d/fGq76CI
Take the covers off?

Does it have the umpff to get to the recommended pressure?
I have a portable tire pump 12v/110v that maxes out at 35 psi.
I needed 50 psi for the wagon.

View attachment 4899
Thanks for correcting my misinformation! I didn’t look close enough 😕

One interesting tidbit (difference with the Tesla tire repair) is that the Lucid fix a flat canister is rated at 65 mph vs 50 for the Tesla.

Is this just a small compressor? I have a pancake compressor so I wouldn't need this, correct?

How does one get the Lucid Fix a Flat?

Is this just a small compressor? I have a pancake compressor so I wouldn't need this, correct?

How does one get the Lucid Fix a Flat?
It's the fix a flat and compressor in one unit

Today I used the Lucid Tire repair kit to inflate my 19" tires with the wheel covers on. It is a tight fit to screw on the tire inflator with the wheel covers in place. I was worried that the tire would deflate before I could get the inflator screwed onto the valve stem. It did finally work. Now I am looking for a tire inflator extension with Lock on air chuck. Has anyone purchased an extension that is compatible with the Lucid inflator?

someone posted on this elsewhere. apparently you can get valve extenders at any auto parts store. I'd rather have a pump with 12v DC and 120v AC or rechargeable battery, that you can set to desired pressure, fits on 19" Lucid wheels with aero covers, goes to 60 psi (note that this seems to be top secret spec as NO TIRE INFLATER AD GIVES PRESSURE RANGE ! ??? EVEN LUCID LISTS NO USEFUL INFORMATION .... NOT EVEN USEFUL PHOTO which is why I won't buy it.)

there is a thread somewhere listing what owners have ... again ... they don't bother to list what range the pumps cover....be very careful...I have a pump that barely goes to 35 psi ..... it's an electric tire DE- flator. I threw it in the trash. The Lucid tire deflator is just a holder for Burma Shave. Nothing on the site explains what it is / does. I suspect it's re-badged crap with a mark-up.

Today I used the Lucid Tire repair kit to inflate my 19" tires with the wheel covers on. It is a tight fit to screw on the tire inflator with the wheel covers in place. I was worried that the tire would deflate before I could get the inflator screwed onto the valve stem. It did finally work. Now I am looking for a tire inflator extension with Lock on air chuck. Has anyone purchased an extension that is compatible with the Lucid inflator?
Yeah I found out the hard way their inflator sucks with the 19” and you’ll deflate your tires trying to screw it on then unscrew it. I got the Ryobi battery powered inflator, uses the same battery their other tools have and that’s a flip-lock which just fits on the valve stem through the aero cover.

Yeah I found out the hard way their inflator sucks with the 19” and you’ll deflate your tires trying to screw it on then unscrew it. I got the Ryobi battery powered inflator, uses the same battery their other tools have and that’s a flip-lock which just fits on the valve stem through the aero cover.
I haven’t had a problem with losing more than 1 psi when unscrewing the inflator so I inflate to 50 and it’s 49 when done.

Back