JD Powers 2022 Initial Quality Study

Thinjake

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT, Genesis GV80
Some interesting pieces of information:

• Vehicle problems reached record high in 36 years of study
  • 11% increase from 2021
  • Largest area of problems was infotainment such as Apply CarPLay, Android Auto, Bluetooth, Voice Recognition,
  • Problems with driver assistance also increased YOY, with lane departure warning and lane keeping assist the highest in category
  • Owners of electric and hyrbid had more issues than ICE.

I’ll hate to see where Lucid falls the first time they are included. Hope many of the issues are resolved by then.

Not good I would expect. The problem with the initial quality studies is that they don't differentiate between a life threatening defect (e.g., a wheel falling off) and a relatively meaningless defect in terms of safety (e.g., a body panel somewhat misaligned).

Well, it is a "Quality" study and not a "safety" study.

Not good I would expect. The problem with the initial quality studies is that they don't differentiate between a life threatening defect (e.g., a wheel falling off) and a relatively meaningless defect in terms of safety (e.g., a body panel somewhat misaligned).
They have different dependability criteria.

Initial quality is always a little reputation driven. I don’t really care much about initial quality, I feel like most manufacturers are within a standard deviation of each other. Unless of course you are a startup.

Back