• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

It’s not just about power

Magellanic

Verified Owner
Cars
LR3, LR4, Touring
It’s about how you deliver it. Coming from a S which had plenty of horses I’ve amazed and delighted by the way the Lucid puts down the power. It reminds me of my BMW m550. It’s both smooth and insanely fast without ever feeling jerky or harsh. I love driving this car.

The biggest problem I’ve had thus far is that I’ve almost gotten tickets twice by being a little too heavy on the electron pedal.

It’s about how you deliver it. Coming from a S which had plenty of horses I’ve amazed and delighted by the way the Lucid puts down the power. It reminds me of my BMW m550. It’s both smooth and insanely fast without ever feeling jerky or harsh. I love driving this car.

The biggest problem I’ve had thus far is that I’ve almost gotten tickets twice by being a little too heavy on the electron pedal.
You are absolutely right! It is a big challenge to stay within speed limits.

I agree that it's very fast and accelerates at almost any speed! I do find that the power train is not as smooth as the AMG EQS or the Tesla Plaid. Just my observations.

Interesting, I havent driven the Plaid (I had an S for 2 years) or the EQS. Im also mostly not using Sprint mode, which is def more brisk. Im reflecting more on the way the power translates into the road feel/handling and grip, which are kind of hard to measure 'feel' things. I found that when I went EV I lost some interest in driving as I was used to the BMW V8 sounds which are kind of amazing. Its nice to have some the pleasure of driving back.

Was also reflecting on the fact that this is Rawlinson's v2, and iteration in engineering is always a good thing...

I find the Lucid a little smoother in Sprint mode.

Also, more fun!! 🤣

Hey if you DIDN'T get the ticket, it ain't a problem---(keep tempting fate!)

I agree that it's very fast and accelerates at almost any speed! I do find that the power train is not as smooth as the AMG EQS or the Tesla Plaid. Just my observations.
I took a ride in the S and it’s definitely no comparison to the Air GT. To me the impression was the opposite. I can’t imagine an EQS driving even close to the GT.

The whole appeal of the Lucid is how smooth it drives once you get used to the Regen. It has a single gear so there can’t be any jerky jerky and I agree with the assessment that it has power left no matter what speed one is driving.

I took a ride in the S and it’s definitely no comparison to the Air GT. To me the impression was the opposite. I can’t imagine an EQS driving even close to the GT.

The whole appeal of the Lucid is how smooth it drives once you get used to the Regen. It has a single gear so there can’t be any jerky jerky and I agree with the assessment that it has power left no matter what speed one is driving.
The EQS 450+ and 580 don't drive well. Only the AMG EQS. Just my opinion that the AMQ EQS and the Tesla Plaid are smoother. Acceleration is better controlled than the Lucid DE-P. I have not driven a GT so it may be different.

The EQS 450+ and 580 don't drive well. Only the AMG EQS. Just my opinion that the AMQ EQS and the Tesla Plaid are smoother. Acceleration is better controlled than the Lucid DE-P. I have not driven a GT so it may be different.
Good to Know. Thanks.

Back