Is Volvo jealous of the Gravity?

Many manufacturers will be introducing vehicles with bidirectional charging soon. It's the new thing along with 800-1000V batteries. Polestar 3 is close cousin - public introduction this Thursday Oct 12.

The Polestar 3 looks beautiful. Different target market than the Gravity and Volvo EX90. EPA range between 300-350 miles from ~800V 111kWh battery:

Reveal in 4 days….

The Polestar 3 looks beautiful. Different target market than the Gravity and Volvo EX90. EPA range between 300-350 miles from ~800V 111kWh battery:
It’s funny that’s bad efficiency, we’re spoiled by the Lucid.

It’s funny that’s bad efficiency, we’re spoiled by the Lucid.
SUV vs low-roofed sedan, tradeoffs. Not many will be selling the Polestar because of an aging back. I misspoke - reveal Wed Oct 12.

EPA 376 miles vs Polestar2 275 miles and Model-Y 303/327 miles.

Polestar 3 is gunning for Model-Y.

It's also the price point, with a Gravity probably around $110-140K, and everyone else below that. After having several, I'm kind of over the 90K and up luxury 3-row SUV. Let's see what Hyundai and Kia can do with the Ioniq 7 and EV9 at around $65K. After driving an Ioniq 5 for several months, my guess is they will be able to do 85 to 90% of the luxury and tech at a 50% or so price point.

EPA 376 miles ...
I hope so. Polestar's official statement has been that they are aiming for >600km (372 miles) WLTP, which would be roughly >300 miles EPA. We'll know in a couple days!
If the Polestar 3's EPA range does come in around 375 miles, I'll seriously consider ordering it and letting go of my Air GT due for delivery later this month.

I hope so. Polestar's official statement has been that they are aiming for >600km (372 miles) WLTP, which would be roughly >300 miles EPA. We'll know in a couple days!
If the Polestar 3's EPA range does come in around 375 miles, I'll seriously consider ordering it and letting go of my Air GT due for delivery later this month.
I mean 372, not 376 miles. I’m not sure how to translate WLTP to EPA. I’m also curious to see how heavy this car is. I often see YouTube reviewers criticize Polestar 2 is unefficient EV compare to Model 3. But Polestar 2 is about 1000 lbs heavier than Model 3 at same time a lot more comfortable firm ride. Let’s see the final specs in 2 days. I’m curious of how it will look. Polestar 2’s Scandinavian look has grown on me. It may not have elegant curve like Air, but the boxy minimalistic clean lines is quite unique and appealing to me. Polestar 3 might be completely different than predecessors Polestar 1 & 2. I only recently found out limited edition Polestar 1, nonspectacular PHEV at $155k price, it looks like an ordinary car around $40-50k range.

The estimate from InsideEVs is to divide WLTP by 1.12 to get EPA. So 372 WLTP would be 332 EPA. Now add some error bars to that.
Hope so! Good info, thanks.

Meh, looks like either a Toyota or a Nissan to me.

Back