Is there a trick to open the home charger cover? It slides up easy enough but not far enough to come off.

Bill P AZ

Cars
Touring
Electricians were able to install 100 amp 220v charger and set the dip switches to 80amps. It works great! I have solar producing at peak 40amps so I need to buy the other 40amps from the power company. I would like to reset the dip switches for 40amps. They are located inside the cover that does not seem to be able to come off. Is there a trick to pull the first cover that says “LUCID” off? Thank you!

Slide the cover upwards about half an inch. Then pull it straight off. Both actions require a great deal of force and you'll think you are going to break it, or rip it off the wall if it is already wall-mounted. It gets easier the third or fourth time you've had the cover off.

Slide the cover upwards about half an inch. Then pull it straight off. Both actions require a great deal of force and you'll think you are going to break it, or rip it off the wall if it is already wall-mounted. It gets easier the third or fourth time you've had the cover off.
Ten months later, thanks for this reply. I’m having one installed now, and that was a head scratcher. There are three plastic tabs on each side that need to be aligned, and you “work” them off.

Back