Is the current service situation a parallel of the lease turn in fiasco?

L-Dude

Active Member

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2025
Messages
1,347
Reaction score
1,726
Location
SE US
Cars
2025 Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
KYSLYZ47
Last night I was thinking about the trajectory of the Lucid ownership experience. When I first got my AGT in June, 2025, the community was up in arms because of the over zealous standards that Lucid Financial (BoA) applied when assessing damage when leased cars were turned in. While it seemed like Lucid wasn't concerned about the broken lease-end process, clearly they were hard at work behind the scenes addressing the issue. After a few months, Lucid got things straightened out to the satisfaction of the community.

I feel like the same thing is happening with the Service Center issues that so many owners are experiencing. It has taken a while, but we are starting to see more instances of excellent service experiences being reported here--just like we did with the lease turn in problem. When you also fold in the excellent recent software updates, I feel like the company is on a much better trajectory than a year ago.
 
Without being inside the company it is hard for us outsiders to know what efforts were already in motion vs what efforts the new management team have put in place. I do hope Lucid continues to focus on expanding the service footprint and experience.

Also in light of the Rich videos, I hope they take the community feedback and either soften or change some of their policies about self repair on these vehicles. Even during the second video Rich was gushing about how easy it was to do some things on the Lucid compared to the various Teslas / other EVs he's repaired. Given that the initial design team was a lot of automotive industry folks, it makes sense that the mechanical portions are well thought out and decently serviceable.
 
Back
Top