Insurance Megathread

ZimZim

Cars
GT
I got the call yesterday with my VIN number for my GT. Made some calls for insurance quotes today and got nowhere. They never heard of Lucid! For those of you who already received delivery, where did you go for insurance?

Congrats on getting a VIN assigned, when did you confirm?

Here are a few threads discussing insurance options:

I got the call yesterday with my VIN number for my GT. Made some calls for insurance quotes today and got nowhere. They never heard of Lucid! For those of you who already received delivery, where did you go for insurance?
I received my GT VIN on Monday and got a fairly reasonable quote from Statefarm ~$1400 per year in AZ. Since everyone's coverage varies it is difficult to compare. Lucid was not in Statefarm's main system but they could still access the rates on another system.

Congrats on getting a VIN assigned, when did you confirm?

Here are a few threads discussing insurance options:

Reservation in DEC 2020, confirmed/ordered NOV 16, 2021

I just asked for a rate quote from my Statefarm agent here in Charlotte. I told her I need a quote for a Lucid Air Grand Touring and her response was "a what?". It will be interesting to see how NC compares to AZ.

Reservation in DEC 2020, confirmed/ordered NOV 16, 2021

What's your configuration? Specifically color. We are trying to figure what order they're going in. We have a tracker going here, if you don't mind me adding your config:

Interesting, my reservation was on 1/2/21 and confirmed on 11/17, right behind you.

My Statefarm agent priced it off value since we do not have the VIN yet. It is just a little higher than the AZ quote, but not much.

DId you hear about timeline? Is it 2-3 months?

AAA

Progressive understands Lucid Air.

Was AAA reasonable? I have them for both my home and car policies. I wasn't planning to start calling insurance companies for quotes until I get my GT VIN.

AAA Quoted me for $74.12/mo & $444.75/6mo:
  • Lucid Air Grand Touring
  • AAA Member Discount
  • 30+ year old, single, male
  • 10+ years of continuous employment
  • Chicago, IL

• AAA Member Discount
  • Chicago, IL
Lol I would love that rate.

Los Angeles ranged from 1750 - 2000 / 6 months

Just got off the phone with AAA and they said they were going to have to quote through Progressive given the value of the car. She is going to email me with the price when she gets it and I will compare that to the $1600/yr I got from State Farm.

Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 3.33.42 PM.png

Weird, their AAA website has Lucid Grand Touring/Dream as option.

I did an online quote (no VIN) with Progressive as a test. Very easy and fast to get a quote. I use a different company for all my insurance, and will try to stay with my existing provider, but good to know there is a plan B.

I originally tried the AAA website and could not get anywhere with no VIN. Might need a VIN to get it to work right.

• AAA Member Discount
  • Chicago, IL
Wow. That's light years better than the rate Progressive gave me even when we include our other car we have there. Might end up going for that instead.

Back