Inside Sales Advisor Claims VIN Assignment and Hawks Finance Package

h_squared

Cars
Taycan 4S, Air GT
Hello everyone,
I potentially got some good news earlier this week. An inside sales advisor messaged me saying a VIN had been assigned. But, the crux of the message was an attempt to sell me their financing package. I didn't fill out the loan application yet but I got a call from a different inside sales advisor yesterday. She stated it could take a week or more for them to process the financial application and I need to do it ASAP. That timeline sounds bonkers to me and they're trying to sell their financing package.

Neither advisor had the VIN available but I'm not sure that's abnormal. The one I spoke with on the phone also said the car could be moving towards it's final production stages in a few weeks. But, I've not heard from my DA with any updates.

Are these inside sales advisors actually aware of the production progress or are they just hawking the loan?

Yeah, this sounds super scammy. I would forward to Lucid for investigation.

It is definitely Lucid contacting me. The email was real and from their domain and the phone call sounded like a legitimate follow-up.

What's bothering me is the false sense of urgency to get the finance application submitted while not providing meaningful progress update on the production.

Again, this sounds like a scam. I’m in the same boat as you… I just received my VIN on Tuesday. Not once did my DA attempt to push or peddle any financing. They have nothing to gain from you using Bank of America as a preferred lender of Lucid. just because the email looks legit, does it mean it is. I would contact Lucid directly via phone and then forward this to their phishing department.

Yeah scammers are spoofing phone numbers so it can look legitimate and your caller ID would say Bank of America or Lucid. My process was legitimate because it came direct from my DA, not some other department. He gave me the VIN and said the time to apply for financing would be when the car had completed initial assembly and that happened 5 days later.

Hello everyone,
I potentially got some good news earlier this week. An inside sales advisor messaged me saying a VIN had been assigned. But, the crux of the message was an attempt to sell me their financing package. I didn't fill out the loan application yet but I got a call from a different inside sales advisor yesterday. She stated it could take a week or more for them to process the financial application and I need to do it ASAP. That timeline sounds bonkers to me and they're trying to sell their financing package.

Neither advisor had the VIN available but I'm not sure that's abnormal. The one I spoke with on the phone also said the car could be moving towards it's final production stages in a few weeks. But, I've not heard from my DA with any updates.

Are these inside sales advisors actually aware of the production progress or are they just hawking the loan?
I similar conversations with my DA, my take was they just wanted to let people know that financing whether through Lucid or elsewhere typically takes a week to get finalized.

I similar conversations with my DA, my take was they just wanted to let people know that financing whether through Lucid or elsewhere typically takes a week to get finalized.
Yes, that's my experience too, they informed me that if I'm financing then there will be an option to apply through the Lucid website as well. No one tried to sell or create a false sense of urgency.

I received an email today saying my delivery was getting close and, if I planned to lease or finance, I should contact the link in the email which was BofA. No push or anything on financing. I will probably sleep better tonight knowing my GT might get here soon. BTW, I noticed that the Charge Point Flex went from around $600 to over $900. Might opt for the new UL approved Tesla Tap since I have the Tesla wall charger in place already on a 60amp circuit charging at 48A. Plan to make trip to EA charger about 15 miles or so away for the most part. It is at the new mall off I-10 in Marana, AZ. Spouse came up with that idea.... shopping and restaurants galore.
Quick question---off the thread though Will a cart size golf bag fit sideways in the trunk? I plan to check it out next week in Scottsdale but thought someone might already have put their clubs in. Obviously will fit lengthwise.

Hello everyone,

You can ask your DA to get a Price List which is same as PO to get finance from outside. Then they'll issue a price list which must have your VIN if they have allotted you. Try it on Monday and let me know.

I received an email today saying my delivery was getting close and, if I planned to lease or finance, I should contact the link in the email which was BofA. No push or anything on financing. I will probably sleep better tonight knowing my GT might get here soon. BTW, I noticed that the Charge Point Flex went from around $600 to over $900. Might opt for the new UL approved Tesla Tap since I have the Tesla wall charger in place already on a 60amp circuit charging at 48A. Plan to make trip to EA charger about 15 miles or so away for the most part. It is at the new mall off I-10 in Marana, AZ. Spouse came up with that idea.... shopping and restaurants galore.
Quick question---off the thread though Will a cart size golf bag fit sideways in the trunk? I plan to check it out next week in Scottsdale but thought someone might already have put their clubs in. Obviously will fit lengthwise.
I have 2 different golf bags and they will each fit sideways or diagonally

Had same email saying "now that you have your VIN..." which was news to me. I had already loan-approved by my credit union (almost instantly) but finance guy said, "just buy it outright". Yea the interest rate was 3.7%. We missed the cheap money folks.

The other issue here is one many of you folk probably have adapted to already: by posting here and there are we exposing ourselves as targets? I'v already posted too much personal info. Yea ... dammit so I have to censor my posts. That is a big order for a wildcard.

For some closure on the thread, the finance calls were definitely not scams. I should be taking delivery within the next week and look forward to directly comparing it w/ our Taycan! Will create a new post to describe some thoughts on that comparison in the coming months.

Communications could have been better (especially for a car at this price point) but hopefully all goes smoothly from here.

Back