Incorrect time?

tkhan456

Cars
Lucid Air GT
Anyone have this happen? When using the automatic time zone, it shows the wrong time. I assume it’s a Daylight Savings thing since it’s off by 1 hour but I can’t find a way to turn DLS on or off. If I set my time zone manually it shows the correct time though but I want the automatic one if I’m traveling

Anyone have this happen? When using the automatic time zone, it shows the wrong time. I assume it’s a Daylight Savings thing since it’s off by 1 hour but I can’t find a way to turn DLS on or off. If I set my time zone manually it shows the correct time though but I want the automatic one if I’m traveling
I don’t have have “Set Automatically” on. I assume, it goes by standard Greenwich Time offset regardless of Daylight Saving Time of United States.

I am in Houston, GMT-5.

This happened to my car when I first got it - kept going into “California dreaming” mode switching to PST time even though I had auto time zone set and am in CST. Asked Service & got the simple fix: under settings, look for display. It should say “set automatic to time zone”. First turn that off. Set the time for your current location, then set it back to “set automatic”.

This happened to my car when I first got it - kept going into “California dreaming” mode switching to PST time even though I had auto time zone set and am in CST. Asked Service & got the simple fix: under settings, look for display. It should say “set automatic to time zone”. First turn that off. Set the time for your current location, then set it back to “set automatic”.
This worked for me also.

I did that and it didn’t fix it :(. May try again and see if it works

Any computer programmer will be happy to tell you, the hardest three problems in software are

- time zones
- off by 1 errors

Any computer programmer will be happy to tell you, the hardest three problems in software are

- time zones
- off by 1 errors
Don’t forget naming and caching!

We need to abolish DST, it’s insanely hard to work around congress changing when it starts every few years.

Same thing keeps happening to me. I set it to manual to get it to stop but this shouldn't be happening.

Same thing keeps happening to me. I set it to manual to get it to stop but this shouldn't be happening.
I think the clock on mine was originally set up on another time zone, and got stuck there. Two clicks and it was fixed with no problem since.

I think the clock on mine was originally set up on another time zone, and got stuck there. Two clicks and it was fixed with no problem since.
Automatic still doesn’t work for mine. Goes back to the incorrect time every time I turn it back on. I’ll just stick with manual for now. Hopefully they get that sorted

I crossed from Pacific time to Eastern and it never worked right. I tried all of the above methods. I did notice that it would display one time but after a few minutes would change. Had me second guessing which time zone I was currently driving in.

Last edited:
Back