Impressive test drive

Ampere

Verified Owner
Cars
Honda Accord Hybrid
I attempted to arrange a test drive at the Oakbrook (IL) studio last Saturday, one of the rare days I'm in the Chicago area. I live 150 miles away. Things became confused and it did not happen. Then I received an email on Tuesday saying that one of their Sales Advisors would drive the demo car to me on Wednesday for a test drive. Sure, enough, right on time, a Lucid Air Grand Touring shows up in my driveway. The SA spent about 20 minutes running us through the operation of the car. It's much more straight forward than I assumed. Then we drove it for almost an hour. Now I understand what y'all have been raving about. It's a real thrill and pleasure to drive. I am certainly more committed to waiting for my Air Pure than I was a week ago. The SA couldn't have been nicer and didn't even whimper when I shot down the freeway ramp like a bullet.
Interestingly, I noticed the software update was 2.033. I mentioned that to the SA and he said that company policy was to insure owners had the updates before the company demos. In any event, the car worked and drove smoothly and impressively. I asked the SA where he would charge on the way back to Oakbrook. He said that would not be necessary and sure enough, even after our 40-mile test drive, the display showed over 200 miles remaining for his 150-mile journey. I hope my future experiences with Lucid are this positive.

I attempted to arrange a test drive at the Oakbrook (IL) studio last Saturday, one of the rare days I'm in the Chicago area. I live 150 miles away. Things became confused and it did not happen. Then I received an email on Tuesday saying that one of their Sales Advisors would drive the demo car to me on Wednesday for a test drive. Sure, enough, right on time, a Lucid Air Grand Touring shows up in my driveway. The SA spent about 20 minutes running us through the operation of the car. It's much more straight forward than I assumed. Then we drove it for almost an hour. Now I understand what y'all have been raving about. It's a real thrill and pleasure to drive. I am certainly more committed to waiting for my Air Pure than I was a week ago. The SA couldn't have been nicer and didn't even whimper when I shot down the freeway ramp like a bullet.
Interestingly, I noticed the software update was 2.033. I mentioned that to the SA and he said that company policy was to insure owners had the updates before the company demos. In any event, the car worked and drove smoothly and impressively. I asked the SA where he would charge on the way back to Oakbrook. He said that would not be necessary and sure enough, even after our 40-mile test drive, the display showed over 200 miles remaining for his 150-mile journey. I hope my future experiences with Lucid are this positive.
Driving my Lucid is like therapy. Each time I park it in my garage and step out of it, I have a big smile on my face. My wife now calls me her chauffeur because I look for any excuse to drive, including running her around while she does her errands or goes to various appointments. It helps to be retired 😄 I have put on close to 7K miles now with no significant problems. Minor software hicups but a valet card reboot has taken care of each one. Have now driven it in all kinds of conditions, deep snow, over icy roads, up very steep grades over the Rockies (over 11,700 feet), across deserts, in 50 mph dust storms, just about anything one can come across and I can attest that it is the very best driving machine I have ever driven. I just love the car and hope you will too!

Back