I Was Given A Exact VIN Date Two Months In advance……

MPawelek

Cars
None
Spoke to my DA for the first time today and he said they had a new communications system and told me I would get my VIN on July 10th. I hope this is just not more smoke and mirrors in play. How can he possibly give me the date I will get a VIN two months in advance when Lucid has no idea how many units they can produce between today and my supposed VIN date?

Spoke to my DA for the first time today and he said they had a new communications system and told me I would get my VIN on July 10th. I hope this is just not more smoke and mirrors in play. How can he possibly give me the date I will get a VIN two months in advance when Lucid has no idea how many units they can produce between today and my supposed VIN date?
🤣
He can’t. They can’t even predict a delivery date for a car that is already well in production.

I was told about the new communications system on April 12 and was given an exact date for VIN assignment of May 23. I took it with a grain of salt, but I'll know in about 11 days if was accurate. Stay healthy!

They can’t even predict when a car in production will exit production. “Every car has its’ own unique journey”. But maybe they will just assign VIN’s, whether cars are in production or not. It may be just an entry on a spreadsheet, with Elmer punching in the numbers on a stamping machine as a car comes down the line and he cross-references it to a spreadsheet.

Given how long it had taken them to give me my VIN, and still no car I would not put faith into their statements. My DA told me on the phone that I would have my car around May 15th or so. I had said May 20th when he told me about the VIN, and he rebutted no, sooner than that. Yet today is the 14th and I haven't heard anything from them for a car that's supposed to be finished. No emails, no asking for payment, no notifications that the car has been shipped to the regional center for distribution, no 2nd set of pencils, bupkis. (btw I knew about Blackwings way before Lucid sent me the pencils, they are really good to write with) I doubt I will get the car before June at this rate. Same people told me in Feb that in Mar I would get a VIN... ended up being April. I think they have too many issues they haven't solved yet with producing a high quality car at high rates (mass production). So patience seems to be the only option. Hang tight!

Don’t you have a Touring order, or did you upgrade to Grand Touring?

I upgraded from Touring to Grand Touring in early April when I read of the concerns of battery size and actual mileage.

Back