I took delivery of my Air Touring yesterday

Igor

Verified Owner
Yesterday, I picked up my new Air Touring from the Short Hills, NJ showroom. While I love the car, I was somewhat disappointed with the delivery experience. The consultant who assisted us with the setup was not as knowledgeable as I would expect and gave conflicting answers to some of our configuration questions. Some of the features that were not fully setup after spending over an hour doing configuration was the automatic settings change when switching between user profiles, specifically the seat and mirror settings. The face recognition feature was also not working properly. Also, the consultant did not explain how to use Alexa and the voice commands needed to perform basic functions like playing music. I will have to contact customer service to get help with these issues. In addition, the detailing of the car was not up to my standards, and there were some small issues that needed to be addressed. Lastly, I was unaware that the car would not come with a standard Dealer inspection sticker in NJ, so I will need to get it inspected on my own once I receive the plates and registration. Overall, while the car itself is perfect, the delivery process was not up to my expectations.

Igor

• Sad
Reactions: DJL
Yesterday, I picked up my new Air Touring from the Short Hills, NJ showroom. While I love the car, I was somewhat disappointed with the delivery experience. The consultant who assisted us with the setup was not as knowledgeable as I would expect and gave conflicting answers to some of our configuration questions. Some of the features that were not fully setup after spending over an hour doing configuration was the automatic settings change when switching between user profiles, specifically the seat and mirror settings. The face recognition feature was also not working properly. Also, the consultant did not explain how to use Alexa and the voice commands needed to perform basic functions like playing music. I will have to contact customer service to get help with these issues. In addition, the detailing of the car was not up to my standards, and there were some small issues that needed to be addressed. Lastly, I was unaware that the car would not come with a standard Dealer inspection sticker in NJ, so I will need to get it inspected on my own once I receive the plates and registration. Overall, while the car itself is perfect, the delivery process was not up to my expectations.

Igor
My impression of Alexa is for kids who are an expert at ordering toys without their parents' knowledge.

It's utterly frustrating and useless for me in my Lucid.

I believe it's a mistake to have Alexa in Lucid.

The sooner Lucid drops saving it, the better.

Igor
I don't think electric cars need inspection stickers..

I don't think electric cars need inspection stickers..

Just read the NJ regulations, and it looks like you are right! It seems that NJ does not require inspections for electric vehicles. The associate at the showroom told me a different story. He said that Lucid is not licensed to sell cars in NJ, so I will have to inspect it when I get the license plates. I need to call NJ MVC to verify.

Also, the consultant did not explain how to use Alexa and the voice commands needed to perform basic functions like playing music. I will have to contact customer service to get help with these issues
You can just go to the settings and see some examples of the commands you can use with Alexa. There's always the manual.

46F3402A-725B-42A0-B2D6-8FA76643C855.jpeg

5E21132C-F6FF-40C0-A778-313B557173A0.jpeg

You can just go to the settings and see some examples of the commands you can use with Alexa. There's always the manual.
Thanks for the help! I can get some of the functionality to work, but not all. Trying to play music from Spotify is a no-go for me. Sending text messages also requires additional configuration, which I can't figure out. But with the help from the people on this forum, I think I will have it all figured out shortly.

Thanks for the help! I can get some of the functionality to work, but not all. Trying to play music from Spotify is a no-go for me. Sending text messages also requires additional configuration, which I can't figure out. But with the help from the people on this forum, I think I will have it all figured out shortly.
Make sure Spotify is set as the default music player on your Alexa app on your phone otherwise it’s just defaults to Amazon Music

Make sure Spotify is set as the default music player on your Alexa app on your phone otherwise it’s just defaults to Amazon Music

It is set up as my default music player, yet Alexa still defaults to Amazon Music. Tried all the suggestions, like unlinking Spotify, logging out, back in, etc. Still nada. Will keep trying...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As a long time EV owner in NJ I have never needed an inspection sticker on any of my EV's in NJ so you are good to go. Only issue I had with Short Hills is they sent me the paperwork to sign to my home and I had to sign them and get them notarized and mailed back.

Igor
I had a similar delivery experience for my AGT. The delivery guy was an HR person with a basic understanding of Lucid Air. He said he was helping out with the delivery due to a staffing shortage. The good things are that you can learn a great deal by playing with the car and reading other people’s posts on this forum.

Back