I recently got my Grand Touring Air. Red with Tahoe interior

DougB

Verified Owner
Cars
Grand Touring Air Rawl
I also paid nearly 10k for full body PPF, Ceramic coating, and tinted windows. Looks gorgeous. However, the detailer covered the proximity sensors with the film. It negatively impacted the auto-parking. Lucid tech said to cut out hole. The detailer will fix it next week. Hopefully, it will resolve the problem

I also paid nearly 10k for full body PPF, Ceramic coating, and tinted windows. Looks gorgeous. However, the detailer covered the proximity sensors with the film. It negatively impacted the auto-parking. Lucid tech said to cut out hole. The detailer will fix it next week. Hopefully, it will resolve the problem
Photos or it never happened.

Yea, the Air bubble between the film and sensors screws it all up. Congrats!

Photos? Of the vehicle or the problem?

Attachments

• IMG_20220427_214032.jpg
    IMG_20220427_214032.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 489
  • 20220425_162648.jpg
    20220425_162648.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 415
  • 20220425_160957.jpg
    20220425_160957.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 445
  • 20220412_122400.jpg
    20220412_122400.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 429
  • 20220412_122419.jpg
    20220412_122419.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 476
I've become Lucid's Ambassador of the East Bay (Fremont, Union City, Newark). So many stares, turned heads, and thumbs up from perfect strangers. Hardly anyone knows of Lucid. "Is that made in China?" many ask. More attention than a BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, or Tesla will ever receive. Tesla's are so ubiquitous, I'm so glad I didn't get one.

Photos? Of the vehicle or the problem?
I have zenith red and Tahoe as well. Love that combo. You see the stitch of front seats, even match backseat color despite they are all dark grey.

Btw, you didn’t tint rear window?

I’m picking tomorrow afternoon for my PPF/ceramic coat/tint. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Last edited:
Tinted (3M) rear and side windows. 70% for front, 45% for back and rear.
Wife is sensitive to the sun coming into front top factory tinted glass canopy. Might add additional dark tint to the driver & passenger glass tops.

Be sure to have PPF cutouts for sensors.

Congrats. Looks sharp. Does the full body ppf go to the silver top portion also?

Where is the shop you use? Would be curious on the shop quality for future reference.

Yes, the silver top portion was wrapped as well.
AutoPro Detailing, Fremont on Albrae Street.

Rear window photo was taken before tint, at Millbrae when I first picked it up.

Congrats! Love the Tahoe interior as well, although mine is black exterior. Just curious, how exactly did covering the sensors impair the auto park? Made it completely non-functional or unreliable/erratic?

Congrats! Love the Tahoe interior as well, although mine is black exterior. Just curious, how exactly did covering the sensors impair the auto park? Made it completely non-functional or unreliable/erratic?
It essentially makes them nonfunctional. There seems to be an Air gap between the sensor and the PPF which wreaks havoc with them.

Unreliable and erratic, as you said. Every time I stopped at an intersection while driving, it would chime and bring up the parking assist videos on the pilot & cockpit panels. Very annoying. Had to turn off Dreamdrive Settings for Automatic Audible & Visual Driving Assistance. Will have the sensors "uncovered" today.

That would be, Park Distance Warning. When the sensors are obstructed by the film, the audio/visual alerts goes off unintended at every stop and slow down in the middle of traffic. Also, the Auto-Park malfunctions, showing a flashing red light near a bumper (in surround view).

The AutoPro Detailing rep said that Tesla's sensors are less recessed than Lucid's, making an air gap (bubble) when the Lucid sensor is covered with film. That's why they said, initially, that it should be not problem to cover. Most of their work has been on the Tesla, as well as other upscale vehicles. Mine was one of their first Lucids.

Back