I programmed my garage door with home link and works fine but when my wife was driving she couldn’t access the. garage door without switching profiles

Golfervet

Cars
Lucid air touring
I got Homelink to work with our garage door but when my wife drives she can’t access the garage door without switching profiles. Certainly you don’t have to program the same garage door to both profiles. Help please,

I got Homelink to work with our garage door but when my wife drives she can’t access the garage door without switching profiles. Certainly you don’t have to program the same garage door to both profiles. Help please,
Sadly, Homelink items are profile dependent.

Homelink works fine for me in both of my profiles. However, my pop’s Homelink only works in one profile. Lucid hasn’t been able to figure it out yet, but they are still trying and are going to work on it late next week.

Sadly, Homelink items are profile dependent.
So there is no way to share this link between profiles? It seem impossible that any design engineer wouldn’t have figured the inefficiency of this system out . Please tell me they are working on this In software enhancement!

So there is no way to share this link between profiles? It seem impossible that any design engineer wouldn’t have figured the inefficiency of this system out . Please tell me they are working on this In software enhancement!
I’d hope so but for now you’re better off adding them manually to the second profile than waiting for the software to do it for you.

This is unfortunately not actually a bug; it's a limitation of the way Android Automotive OS handles user profiles, so it's upstream of Lucid. Android keeps them separate for security reasons.

I agree it's a bad UX choice, but it's not something Lucid can easily fix.

I've been hoping that Lucid will do away with the profiles as managed by the underlying Android Automotive and do the profiles themselves in another layer. It's crazy that profiles take so long to switch, and the not sharing Homelink info. I also get annoyed switching drivers every 2 hours on an all-day drive, and have to setup navigation and other settings again. If the car isn't locked and left alone between a switch of drivers, keep the same nav and audio settings!

I've been hoping that Lucid will do away with the profiles as managed by the underlying Android Automotive and do the profiles themselves in another layer. It's crazy that profiles take so long to switch, and the not sharing Homelink info. I also get annoyed switching drivers every 2 hours on an all-day drive, and have to setup navigation and other settings again. If the car isn't locked and left alone between a switch of drivers, keep the same nav and audio settings!
I have to agree with this. Forget whatever security implications. Where the seat and steering wheel are is not something I need to be secure. Just let me switch between them freely and instantaneously without disrupting anything else.

I have to agree with this. Forget whatever security implications. Where the seat and steering wheel are is not something I need to be secure. Just let me switch between them freely and instantaneously without disrupting anything else.
I don’t understand how profiles are secure in any way. Anybody can get in the car and just simply switch.

It would be nice Lucid can just let each fob or key card program to distinct profile. This way, you can give your family member your fob and they used your seats/steering wheel/mirror/garage settings, they can modify them without save the settings.

And leave a key card blank as guest profile un programmed.

Having each profile with independent settings is also stringer security. You don’t want Guest profile be able to access owner profile to swipe your HomeLink access using garage scanner, read your home & work addresses, or access to saved contacts info.

I don’t understand how profiles are secure in any way. Anybody can get in the car and just simply switch.
It's not - they're using Android user profiles, and those have security implications as a result. I'm not saying it's the right choice, just the present choice. It's no different than switching users on an Android tablet.

It would be nice Lucid can just let each fob or key card program to distinct profile. This way, you can give your family member your fob and they used your seats/steering wheel/mirror/garage settings, they can modify them without save the settings.

And leave a key card blank as guest profile un programmed.

Having each profile with independent settings is also stringer security. You don’t want Guest profile be able to access owner profile to swipe your HomeLink access using garage scanner, read your home & work addresses, or access to saved contacts info.
You can already do this? Just register a keycard or fob (or mobile key) with a profile and turn on 'key detection.' You could even make a 'Guest' profile (separate from the built-in one) and associate a keycard with that.

I'm not seeing Homelink dependent on profile. I set it up once and it works on both my profile and my wife's. This was true when I was on 2.0.56 (which is what my AT came with) and after updating to 2.0.58 today.

Back