I finally did it!

Spin Doctor

Verified Owner
Cars
'22 AGT, '93 968
Referral Code
NM5ZS2NA
Concluded my long saga of indecision, that is ...

Pure reserved 2/24/22
Order confirmed 8/10/22
Upgraded to Touring 3/14/23
VIN assigned 3/20/23
Order canceled 3/25/23
Sold my Model S 4/3/23
Bought a lightly used GT 4/7/23 :D

It took me a while to get there but I'm massively happy with my decision.

I had a four + hour drive home yesterday which was long enough to get to know the car reasonably well. Highway Assist is great, does pretty much all I want it to and, as others have said, it just feels more relaxed and less life-threatening than Tesla autopilot. The massaging seats are fantastic and, I confess, were one of the reasons for going with the GT - that and the range bump. And I love the Tahoe interior!

Software was on version 2.0.47 when I collected it so I stopped at a mall in PA to charge and do the pending update. I had thought it might just leap straight to the latest version but it appears they are installed sequentially, so four more updates once I got home and I now have CarPlay. Stopped at a couple of EA chargers on the way home, and a couple more this morning just because I was passing, and plug & charge worked maybe 75% of the time ... the couple of times it didn't work I just changed stalls and it was fine. Lucid customer service were responsive and helpful getting the car added to my account, just emailed them a copy of my license, bill of sale and temp registration and they did the rest pretty quickly.

Not much else to say, really, everyone's already said it - this thing is just awesome. Now I'm just looking for excuses to drive it :D

Congratulations! I think you made a great decision picking up a GT. It’s such a baller of a car, which lacks nothing. Wait until you feel confident enough to push it on windy roads. It’s surprisingly capable.

Pure reserved 2/24/22
Order confirmed 8/10/22
VIN assigned 3/20/23
Order canceled 3/25/23
Sold my Model S 4/3/23

I had a four + hour drive home yesterday which was long enough to get to know the car reasonably well. Highway Assist is great, does pretty much all I want it to and, as others have said, it just feels more relaxed and less life-threatening than Tesla autopilot. The massaging seats are fantastic and, I confess, were one of the reasons for going with the GT - that and the range bump. And I love the Tahoe interior!

Software was on version 2.0.47 when I collected it so I stopped at a mall in PA to charge and do the pending update. I had thought it might just leap straight to the latest version but it appears they are installed sequentially, so four more updates once I got home and I now have CarPlay. Stopped at a couple of EA chargers on the way home, and a couple more this morning just because I was passing, and plug & charge worked maybe 75% of the time ... the couple of times it didn't work I just changed stalls and it was fine. Lucid customer service were responsive and helpful getting the car added to my account, just emailed them a copy of my license, bill of sale and temp registration and they did the rest pretty quickly.

Not much else to say, really, everyone's already said it - this thing is just awesome. Now I'm just looking for excuses to drive it :D

Congratulation! Welcome to the club! I have Tahoe interior too, it feels like traditional sporty Porsche interior. Btw, what exterior color you got?

I don’t know how many people will agree with me this is best car ever as far as driver experience goes. And it can only get better with monthly OTA updates down the road.

Congratulation! Welcome to the club! I have Tahoe interior too, it feels like traditional sporty Porsche interior. Btw, what exterior color you got?

I don’t know how many people will agree with me this is best car ever as far as driver experience goes. And it can only get better with monthly OTA updates down the road.
Thanks! Exterior is Infinite Black - wasn't my first choice but I think it really suits the car, in an understated way.

See what you mean about the interior. And actually the colour of the 'Saddle' leather is very similar to the 'Natural Brown' in my old 911. Which was a very different driving experience - I wouldn't say better or worse, just different!

Congratulations! That first long drive is a revelation. And, as others have said, it should only get better as software updatescontinue to deliver on Lucia’s promise.

Pure reserved 2/24/22
Order confirmed 8/10/22
VIN assigned 3/20/23
Order canceled 3/25/23
Sold my Model S 4/3/23

Pics or it didn't happen :p

Back