I feel like a Magnificent Man in my Flying Machine- Thank you Lucid!

gaskiller

Active Member

Joined
Nov 16, 2023
Messages
1,459
Reaction score
1,407
I’m not writing this having invested in the company but as a driving enthusiast- a former gearhead. I’ve been converted to an electron head.

I’ve mentioned this many times, after almost 4 years, I’m still madly in love with my Lucid, despite the initial software issues and minor trim fixes. It’s a magnificent feat of engineering , almost on par with Porsches in the driving dynamics. And from a brand new company. For this, you have to give credit to Lucid leadership ( especially Peter Rawlinson) and engineers. They persisted despite the cost implications of creating one of the best drivers EV, arguably, one of the best sport sedans ever made in the Air, and the best 3 row SUV ever made- and this is not an argument. They could have compromised and built a body over a battery with some wheels and a suspension. NO COMPROMISE!

They’ve been through COVID, inflation, supply chain issues, high interest rates, MSRP/Income caps for EV credit with Biden’s administration, loss of entire EV credits and carbon credits with the Trump administration, loss of charging infrastructure support from Trump administration, entire present US administration against EV support, EV negativity, Trumps tariffs and now again inflation from the Iran war.

Despite all this, Lucid has been chugging along. Yes, they had their missteps, with Gravity release, software issues, leasing, service. But considering what they had to deal with ( including hate from investors, fear mongering about bankruptcy and criticism about leadership decisions) , I have to admit, I am grateful they persisted with their vision, and gave me the opportunity to drive the Magnificent Lucid Air. They never compromised on “real” engineering. I have lost all interest in Ferrari’s…..that’s how good this car is!

They will soon be releasing the Cosmos….their 3rd vehicle in 5 years- quite an accomplishment from a small brand new car company, and I’m sure it will be another Magnificent Machine!

I was driving my Lucid Air home from work today, and it gave me the most magnificent smile!

Thank you Lucid!
 
most of people they do not understand how extremely difficult open a new car brand and manufacturing. You have to appreciate that. you should be in fact proud that you have a manufacturing plant in AZ/ America and you are driving home made car with local talents. I truly love the car and I wish for the company to succeed.

I have the car and the stock and may be soon another mid size car

Lucid happens to hit all the sweet spots in my heart :)
 
Great writeup. Lucid is a very underappreciated underdog in the car community (EV or otherwise). I'm very vocal about my appreciation for them and have even got a few people to consider one in the future.

I have a hunch they will be one of the more desired car brands in ten years once they get things truly going. Most people don't appreciate the engineering that goes into them but it's hard to argue about the space provided for their size and the driving experience that combines comfort and fun.

They've had some rough patches but I think the worst is behind them. I look forward to owning a Lucid one day. Every time I sit in one or go for a test drive, I just want to stay there. Lucid and Gravity alike. They make some great interiors and am excited to see what else they have planned.
 
I’m not writing this having invested in the company but as a driving enthusiast- a former gearhead. I’ve been converted to an electron head.

I’ve mentioned this many times, after almost 4 years, I’m still madly in love with my Lucid, despite the initial software issues and minor trim fixes. It’s a magnificent feat of engineering , almost on par with Porsches in the driving dynamics. And from a brand new company. For this, you have to give credit to Lucid leadership ( especially Peter Rawlinson) and engineers. They persisted despite the cost implications of creating one of the best drivers EV, arguably, one of the best sport sedans ever made in the Air, and the best 3 row SUV ever made- and this is not an argument. They could have compromised and built a body over a battery with some wheels and a suspension. NO COMPROMISE!

They’ve been through COVID, inflation, supply chain issues, high interest rates, MSRP/Income caps for EV credit with Biden’s administration, loss of entire EV credits and carbon credits with the Trump administration, loss of charging infrastructure support from Trump administration, entire present US administration against EV support, EV negativity, Trumps tariffs and now again inflation from the Iran war.

Despite all this, Lucid has been chugging along. Yes, they had their missteps, with Gravity release, software issues, leasing, service. But considering what they had to deal with ( including hate from investors, fear mongering about bankruptcy and criticism about leadership decisions) , I have to admit, I am grateful they persisted with their vision, and gave me the opportunity to drive the Magnificent Lucid Air. They never compromised on “real” engineering. I have lost all interest in Ferrari’s…..that’s how good this car is!

They will soon be releasing the Cosmos….their 3rd vehicle in 5 years- quite an accomplishment from a small brand new car company, and I’m sure it will be another Magnificent Machine!

I was driving my Lucid Air home from work today, and it gave me the most magnificent smile!

Thank you Lucid!

Having driven Lucids since late 2021 and now having 3 Lucids in an all-Lucid household, I largely agree with this sentiment. It's what keeps me buying Lucids. They have intoxicated me since the first time I climbed into one in a showroom over five years ago.

I also agree that the Cosmos will likely have all the Lucid DNA of class-leading power, efficiency, handling, comfort, and space utilization. And that's a very long list for any car company.

But I also worry that it will also have the Lucid DNA of serious UI software malfunctions. I'm hoping the Cosmos will finally be the model that breaks the curse. If it doesn't, it will break the company.
 
It's got the lux to attract luxury buyers and enough sportiness to attract performance minded individuals. They just need a mass market model (Cosmos) to really get going.
 
Back
Top