Hyundai revised the wrong part of the IONIQ 6

michel

Cars
Reserved a Pure

1721510911836.png

Instead of fixing the droop on the side they messed with the gorgeous old front end! I guess the competition for my next car is really down to Lucid vs BMW now (hopefully the midsize will be more sedan than tall crossover)

The front end reminds me of the design language of some of the other 2024 Hyundai models.

Bummer, not a good look. I also do not like the look of the new Kia EV6; the first gen was so perfect

The front end reminds me of the design language of some of the other 2024 Hyundai models.
Yeah, and they are all horrid

Bummer, not a good look. I also do not like the look of the new Kia EV6; the first gen was so perfect
Yep. I own one and will most likely look elsewhere even if they make a proper sedan next time

Yeah, and they are all horrid
There are some cars that are universally considered gorgeous and some that almost everyone finds horrid. Most are somewhere in between, more a matter of taste. I actually like the look of most of the '24 Hyundai cars, more so than the last generation and I love the look of the new Toyotas. The Air is definitely in the first category. I think the front end of it is about the most beautiful automotive design I've ever seen.

There are some cars that are universally considered gorgeous and some that almost everyone finds horrid. Most are somewhere in between, more a matter of taste. I actually like the look of most of the '24 Hyundai cars, more so than the last generation and I love the look of the new Toyotas. The Air is definitely in the first category. I think the front end of it is about the most beautiful automotive design I've ever seen.

Yup, I have not met a single individual who did not like the design of the Air. And yes, that front end is spectacular.

View attachment 22026
Instead of fixing the droop on the side they messed with the gorgeous old front end! I guess the competition for my next car is really down to Lucid vs BMW now (hopefully the midsize will be more sedan than tall crossover)
Upper right corner's Korean->English translation:
Illustrated/Expected vehicle design by "NYMammoth"

This is graphic rendering... not a real spyshot.

i;ve driven the 6. It's a good EV but it has the face only a mother could love and this is a CLS all over again and that style screams outdated.

Upper right corner's Korean->English translation:
Illustrated/Expected vehicle design by "NYMammoth"

This is graphic rendering... not a real spyshot.
Indeed. But the actual spy shots (camouflaged) did show new front headlights that look like these, so it's a reasonable interpretation.

Back