Humming Noise

JoeL

I've had my Touring for about 10-days and I'm hearing a humming noise from the front when the car is on. I've heard this humming since we got the car but it was from the inside and is was low so I thought it was normal. Today is the first time that my wife was outside the car and she heard it much louder; then I listened to it. It sound like this humming is coming from the front electric motor. I contacted customer service and they are going to set up a mobile maintenance service call. Has anyone else had this problem?

I've had my Touring for about 10-days and I'm hearing a humming noise from the front when the car is on. I've heard this humming since we got the car but it was from the inside and is was low so I thought it was normal. Today is the first time that my wife was outside the car and she heard it much louder; then I listened to it. It sound like this humming is coming from the front electric motor. I contacted customer service and they are going to set up a mobile maintenance service call. Has anyone else had this problem?
I think it's a pump or something. I had the mobile service tech listen to mine and he told me that it is normal.

It’s normal. I hear it when it’s cooling or heating.

I followed up with Lucid Customer Service and found that this sound is normal. It is the pedestrian alert that is required by law for all EV's, so that pedestrian know when an EV is approaching.

I think it's a pump or something. I had the mobile service tech listen to mine and he told me that it is normal.
My car periodically has a humming sound that a technician informed me was likely the compressor being used to cool the battery or something like that. Honestly, it’s impossible for me to tell if this is the same hum without hearing it.

I think that sound is rather cool and ethereal sounding. Took me a bit to notice as I seldom have windows down nor am I outside of car when it is in drive.

Back