How to charge using a Tesla station

wcpopi

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Grand Touring
If anyone out there is willing to do it, I’d love to see the step by step process to charge the Lucid at Tesla stations. Others have written here that they do it. I can’t find the exact method. My questions:
1. What adapter do I need. Certain voltages, etc?
2. Does power flow with no need for input by me? Is one supposed to have an account with Tesla?
3. I’ve read that one can’t charge at Tesla high speed chargers. What chargers CAN be utilized?
4. Is there a downside to charging at a Tesla station? Are any of the adapters potentially damaging to the Lucid system?

I ask because as soon as one wanders from the interstates, the EA chargers are few and far between. One of my “wish list” items for Lucid is that they be more demanding with EA to grow the number of charging stations.

Thanks in advance for anyone who will take this on.

Currently, when they say Tesla stations it's either 1) a Tesla destination charger or 2) a Tesla home charger, not to be confused with anything on the Tesla Supercharger Network.

You will need a Tesla to j1772 adapter like such..

You can not use Tesla Superchargers in US for any other car, its software locked, However you can use Tesla destination charger which are level 2 and are found often in Hotels and resorts with appropriate adapter

Thank you! Are all of these adapters the same in terms of being able to handle the amount of charge delivered?

Thank you! Are all of these adapters the same in terms of being able to handle the amount of charge delivered?
No, they have the amp rating listed. If you want to be super safe get the highest amp one so you will never have to worry.

Currently, when they say Tesla stations it's either 1) a Tesla destination charger or 2) a Tesla home charger, not to be confused with anything on the Tesla Supercharger Network.

You will need a Tesla to j1772 adapter like such..

Thanks for the clarification regarding necessary adapter.
Is a Tesla account or app required to charge Lucid with a destination charger?

Thanks for the clarification regarding necessary adapter.
Is a Tesla account or app required to charge Lucid with a destination charger?
Those are typically free and are controlled by whatever establishment they are located.

Back