How many max miles on your tires?

blueice89

Cars
Lucid 22”AGT quantum
So far what are max miles on your tires? I am going 17-18k on this model S plaid 19in right now and it’s strange old car also model S 2016 could only manage 10K miles before needed new tires granted 21s vs these ones I got now are 19s. Overall it seems tires are getting more optimized for evs. Any ways curious how many miles you Lucid folks get on your tires?

So far what are max miles on your tires? I am going 17-18k on this model S plaid 19in right now and it’s strange old car also model S 2016 could only manage 10K miles before needed new tires granted 21s vs these ones I got now are 19s. Overall it seems tires are getting more optimized for evs. Any ways curious how many miles you Lucid folks get on your tires?
I replaced tires on my 2016 Model S 90D twice. Both times, the tires had slightly more than 30K with tread approaching but not even with the wear bars (not yet “maypop” tires).

You know, I think that most of the tires that came on our new cars never seem to last that long. Replacements, usually Michelin for us, lasted much longer.

You know, I think that most of the tires that came on our new cars never seem to last that long. Replacements, usually Michelin for us, lasted much longer.
You replaced Pirelli for Michelin ?

I'm at 12,400 miles and remarkably there is almost no tread wear at all. I have the 19". I keep the tires at 50 psi.
19inch tired and Pirelli have some magic in them I am a believer !

• Cool
Reactions: DJL
How are you tire owners doing ?
I am near 20k miles in the pirelli. My guess is it will last near 30k miles

How are you tire owners doing ?
I am near 20k miles in the pirelli. My guess is it will last near 30k miles
Is your car running the PZero LM1 summer tires?

Our Model S Plaid has turned 16,000 miles and is still enough short of the wear bars to indicate another few thousand miles.

I never got more than 11,000 miles on a set of tires with my Audi R8 V10 Spyder.

Unfortunately, it's harder to say what we're seeing on our Lucid Air DEP at 16,000 miles, as we had to replace the rear tires due to a nail puncture and then the front tires due to a piece of metal in the road cutting the tire.

Before that, though, the Lucid on its 21" Pirellis seemed to be going through its tires a bit faster than the Plaid on its 21" Michelins, with both cars being driven pretty such the same way. However, that was to be expected. The Lucid has virtually the same power and torque as the Tesla, weighs ~500 pounds more, and puts less rubber on the road (its front tires are 20 mm narrower and its rear tires 30 mm narrower than the Plaid's.)

My exact tire is Pirelli 19inch elect pzero t0 one.
This tire is from sept 2021 and still going 20k miles so far :) last check up at. 10K miles.

I got my car and almost immediately switched to snow tires. So I can't say just yet. Also, I haven't quite hit 2000 miles yet, so it's early days.

I got my car and almost immediately switched to snow tires. So I can't say just yet. Also, I haven't quite hit 2000 miles yet, so it's early days.
Did you do this cause you have snow? In my area it’s 80 degrees Arizona

Did you do this cause you have snow? In my area it’s 80 degrees Arizona
Oh, it’s been snowing almost once a week since October here. Pretty typical Boulder winter.

Which is better, a regular radial tire or a tire especially made for an EV? There really is a difference.

Check out this YouTube video.

Back