• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

How do u get faster charging ?

imran

Cars
Lucid air GT
I’m currently at EA in Stanford CT abs despite trying burn the 150kw and 350 KW chargers, can only get 5 miles per minute on either of them. (In fact the 150 was getting 6 and rhe 350 is slower). How do I get faster charging ? I thighs you could get waaay faster than this!!

Have you called EA? There seems to be a problem with the machines. Sometimes if they reset them, they will work better. Has anyone on PlugShare said anything about them running slow?

I looked on PlugShare. People have reported problems with stations #2 and #3

Welcome to EA….. the shi*est charging network in the US! This is a common issue at many EA chargers and they always blame the car when you ring them when it’s clearly the charger.

There is a reason Ford, Rivian etc. are rolling out their own networks

Have you called EA? There seems to be a problem with the machines. Sometimes if they reset them, they will work better. Has anyone on PlugShare said anything about them running slow?
^^^^ this … call EA

even without preconditioning (an option under charging) you should be seeing way more.
(it depends on the %state of charge, but at 15% on a 350kWh charger, I was seeing 296kWh)

I got two different charge rates at the same EA station over the weekend. On Friday it was great and super fast despite being on the 150. On Sunday, the results were completely different even though I tried both. I would have thought it was the car until the driver next to me asked if I was getting slow rates too. I did see an indicator at a different station that the charging rate was being limited by the station. Is this common?

I got two different charge rates at the same EA station over the weekend. On Friday it was great and super fast despite being on the 150. On Sunday, the results were completely different even though I tried both. I would have thought it was the car until the driver next to me asked if I was getting slow rates too. I did see an indicator at a different station that the charging rate was being limited by the station. Is this common?
I’ve not seen it (yet)

Back