hood scoop discoloration?

Whidbey_LucidGT

Cars
Lucid Air GT
Anyone else seeing something like this? I noticed this morning that my hood scoops look like they are discoloring/sun bleached. Always garaged, no sun over 65 degrees, and only driven in the rain once - can’t imagine it’s actually wear.

Seeing it on both scoops.
5519C4FD-A637-4EAB-A9BB-6C4D420CC0E8.jpeg

Attachments

• 4F1539FC-2ABF-4A10-8F5B-3F7A8692AF3B.jpeg
    4F1539FC-2ABF-4A10-8F5B-3F7A8692AF3B.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 109
  • DC7E6785-1C91-4442-AF7B-B22E9872B2C5.jpeg
    DC7E6785-1C91-4442-AF7B-B22E9872B2C5.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 113
Mine are fine for now
6BFF5215-1C45-4908-91DF-55713C6AD054.jpeg

Thanks for checking. I’ll reach out to service to see if anyone else is seeing this - might just be a maintenance step I need to keep on top of .
My car was delivered with the same issue. It’s a leftover from the factory that looks worse over time. Some special vinyl cleaner they have will cure it, call service, it’s an easy fix and they’re aware of the issue.

The mobile service visit guy just came by for the recall assessment (my car is fine, but he said the recall is what’s holding everything up because they have to inspect all cars), and he said that discoloration is likely from a wax that’s applied at the factory that oxidizes over time. He said they used Meguiars Back to Black to fix it, works great, so you can just do that.

The mobile service visit guy just came by for the recall assessment (my car is fine, but he said the recall is what’s holding everything up because they have to inspect all cars), and he said that discoloration is likely from a wax that’s applied at the factory that oxidizes over time. He said they used Meguiars Back to Black to fix it, works great, so you can just do that.
Wait, what is this recall about?

Wait, what is this recall about?
The wiring harness that can rub through from the steering wheel and cause power loss to left two panels of the glass cockpit. They sent an email about it and should have called you to schedule a visit unless they’ve already checked it on your car. I was referring to the other post about the aero hood covers, which aren’t part of a recall but prone to discoloration.

The wiring harness that can rub through from the steering wheel and cause power loss to left two panels of the glass cockpit. They sent an email about it and should have called you to schedule a visit unless they’ve already checked it on your car. I was referring to the other post about the aero hood covers, which aren’t part of a recall but prone to discoloration.
Okay thanks. I already took care of this. I thought there was a new one!

Back