Homelink

signgirl

Cars
Dream Edition
DE Number
I set up Homelink yesterday but I must not have done it right. As I approach my garage I get a drop down Homelink where I can touch the word Garage to make my door go up. There is supposed to be something I can do where the garage opens automatically on my approach but I don’t know how to program that.

I set up Homelink yesterday but I must not have done it right. As I approach my garage I get a drop down Homelink where I can touch the word Garage to make my door go up. There is supposed to be something I can do where the garage opens automatically on my approach but I don’t know how to program that.
Mine did that also after initially working great when the DA set it up for me. I use Siri home automation though which works better than homelink so I haven’t bothered with it since then, as when I approach my house my Apple Watch asks if I want to run “coming home” automation which opens the garage and unlocks my back door, so I just click yes and it’s done before the Lucid has even had a chance to sense homelink.

Yours is working the same way mine is upon approach, so I'm guessing you did it right.

However, the Homelink feature in the Lucid is still a mess. The "open" buttons come up only when approaching the garage. And, unlike my 2015 Tesla, Homelink will not automatically open the selected door upon approach. When leaving, though, it gets ridiculous. Step 1: Tap the "X" to kill the backup cameras so you can access the profile icon. Step 2: Hit my profile icon. Step 3: Hit the Homelink icon. Step 4: Select the door you want to close. Step 5: Wait for the WiFi indicator to indicate the Homelink signal is ready to transmit. Step 6: Hope you hit the button in just the right place with the just the right pressure at just the right time. (If you hit the button while still waiting for the WiFi indicator, you're dead in the water.)

This, along with the absurd wireless phone charger (and for only one phone) are, to me, the two most annoying features of a generally enthralling car.

Yours is working the same way mine is upon approach, so I'm guessing you did it right.

However, the Homelink feature in the Lucid is still a mess. The "open" buttons come up only when approaching the garage. And, unlike my 2015 Tesla, Homelink will not automatically open the selected door upon approach. When leaving, though, it gets ridiculous. Step 1: Tap the "X" to kill the backup cameras so you can access the profile icon. Step 2: Hit my profile icon. Step 3: Hit the Homelink icon. Step 4: Select the door you want to close. Step 5: Wait for the WiFi indicator to indicate the Homelink signal is ready to transmit. Step 6: Hope you hit the button in just the right place with the just the right pressure at just the right time. (If you hit the button while still waiting for the WiFi indicator, you're dead in the water.)

This, along with the absurd wireless phone charger (and for only one phone) are, to me, the two most annoying features of a generally enthralling car.
With all that I may just keep my remote in the car.

Mine did that also after initially working great when the DA set it up for me. I use Siri home automation though which works better than homelink so I haven’t bothered with it since then, as when I approach my house my Apple Watch asks if I want to run “coming home” automation which opens the garage and unlocks my back door, so I just click yes and it’s done before the Lucid has even had a chance to sense homelink.
Thanks. Good plan.

I gotta say after getting HOOBS (homebridge box I discovered on this very forum) and getting it to connect all my home automation devices to Siri/HomeKit, my life is changed. Siri now opens/closes garage, unlocks doors, lights on/off, thermostat, doorbell cameras, Roomba vacuum etc. Doesn’t even matter if half the devices aren’t HomeKit compatible, it just works. So forget Lucid’s Homelink.

I gotta say after getting HOOBS (homebridge box I discovered on this very forum) and getting it to connect all my home automation devices to Siri/HomeKit, my life is changed. Siri now opens/closes garage, unlocks doors, lights on/off, thermostat, doorbell cameras, Roomba vacuum etc. Doesn’t even matter if half the devices aren’t HomeKit compatible, it just works. So forget Lucid’s Homelink.
Yep - my approach too. And as I am in the apple ecosystem, I just say “hey Siri, close or open the garage door” - no buttons pressed
made v lazy now

I expect the car to work well without having to buy into any other ecosystem.
I'm a day 1 iPhone user, I expect my iOS apps to be an enhancement.
Considering CarPlay was not deemed important enough to be available at launch, why should Lucid get a pass because I could use my iPhone to open the garage door instead of homelink.

Google or Amazon or Apple should not be the solution to a shitty homelink implementation. If Lucid did not try and reinvent the wheel, homelink is an easy implementation.

I am utterly disappointed that MyQ (Chamberlain / Liftmaster) does not integrate well with Alexa at all. This would ultimately be what I want (Alexa, Open Garage Door). It seems like it would be so easy. IFTTT only allows closing the door from what I have researched, not open.

I am utterly disappointed that MyQ (Chamberlain / Liftmaster) does not integrate well with Alexa at all. This would ultimately be what I want (Alexa, Open Garage Door). It seems like it would be so easy. IFTTT only allows closing the door from what I have researched, not open.
It's because anyone can yell "Alexa, open garage door" and gain access to your house.

Back