RESOLVED Home charging issues

Zenith Red

Cars
GT
I got my GT 6 months ago. Very happy with the drive but frustrated with the inconsistent software even though with the updates it has come a long way. For the last 2 days, i have been having issues with home charging. It charges for some time and stops after sometime. If i go near the car or open the app, it starts charging again for few minutes and then stops. The plug is working fine with my tesla. So its not a plug issue. I will reset the car today and try again. Any other suggestions?

Check what limit you have the charging set to. I sounds like the car is charging to that limit and then going to sleep. When it wakes up it charges back to the limit to but that only takes a minute or two.

What EVSE are you using? Could it be that the EVSE is temporarily interrupting the charge? I think if the EVSE interrupts charging the car will go to sleep and not realize when the EVSE is ready to charge again. Same reason why EVSE side charge scheduling doesn’t work with Air.

Check what limit you have the charging set to. I sounds like the car is charging to that limit and then going to sleep. When it wakes up it charges back to the limit to but that only takes a minute or two.
Thank you . The limit has been set to 80% since the beginning. I checked it again now. Again, this is a new problem for the last 2 days. Didn’t have issues for 6 months. Reset didn’t work

What EVSE are you using? Could it be that the EVSE is temporarily interrupting the charge? I think if the EVSE interrupts charging the car will go to sleep and not realize when the EVSE is ready to charge again. Same reason why EVSE side charge scheduling doesn’t work with Air.
Thank you for your response. I am using the the same equipment LUCId provided. I used the same plug point and tested my tesla which is working great. The scheduled charging didn’t work from the beginning. So changed it to regular charging and it worked good all these days but the problem started since the last 2 days

It sounds like something you might have CS get involved with. The only times I have had the car start and stop charging is when it is at the limit, the car wakes up while plugged in, the charging turns on and then stops because it is at the limit. But you say the car is not at the limit. Perhaps try adjusting the limit. Try changing the limit up or down and see if that solved the problem. and then, if it does, put it back to 80. Might be just some glitch that the car thinks it has hit the limit and by changing it, the car will correct.

It sounds like something you might have CS get involved with. The only times I have had the car start and stop charging is when it is at the limit, the car wakes up while plugged in, the charging turns on and then stops because it is at the limit. But you say the car is not at the limit. Perhaps try adjusting the limit. Try changing the limit up or down and see if that solved the problem. and then, if it does, put it back to 80. Might be just some glitch that the car thinks it has hit the limit and by changing it, the car will correct.
Will do. Thank you

I got my GT 6 months ago. Very happy with the drive but frustrated with the inconsistent software even though with the updates it has come a long way. For the last 2 days, i have been having issues with home charging. It charges for some time and stops after sometime. If i go near the car or open the app, it starts charging again for few minutes and then stops. The plug is working fine with my tesla. So its not a plug issue. I will reset the car today and try again. Any other suggestions?
Thanks for sharing, @Zenith Red. I just dropped you a DM.

I am happy to inform my charging issues resolved now . It appears the problem was with my nema power plug and has nothing to do with lucid. I used a different outlet and the car charging works great including the scheduled charge. The lucid customer care has been outstanding. I am impressed the way lucid is looking at this forums and personally contacting us to resolve the issues

Back