Home charger ethernet installation

rchandra

Cars
Lucid Grand Touring
Hi all,
It appears that my electrician is having trouble doing an ethernet installation. Does anyone have photos? He can't find the ethernet port on the HCS.

It's on the printed circuit board that is attached to the backside of the lid. Need to drill the plastic outer housing to run a cable. Wifi is much better if you can.

Thanks. This means that on the "printed circuit board" there is an actual physical ethernet port?

Attachments

• IMG_4551.jpeg
    IMG_4551.jpeg
    213.4 KB · Views: 103
Thanks! And just to be sure, plugging my Ethernet into this slot will allow the HCS to become a wI-Fi router that my car can then connect to?
Hi Chandra, The internet connection as of now is only for software updates for LCHCS. You can also use the IP to login and see the configuration of LCHCS. There is no car connection to LCHCS yet through the network. Also it doesn't act as a router. There is a separate thread for LCHCS discussion. Lot of information is there. You can follow that thread.

Curious, why do you need to have LCHCS act as a wi-fi router?

Hi Chandra, The internet connection as of now is only for software updates for LCHCS. You can also use the IP to login and see the configuration of LCHCS. There is no car connection to LCHCS yet through the network. Also it doesn't act as a router. There is a separate thread for LCHCS discussion. Lot of information is there. You can follow that thread.

Curious, why do you need to have LCHCS act as a wi-fi router?
Here is the thread - https://lucidowners.com/threads/lucid-combined-home-charging-system-installation-tips.4026/

Hi Deepak - thanks for the clarity. First of all it seeems clear that the HCS and the car need internet access periodically. Since there is an ethernet port in the HCS it would only make sense for that to be a router, to broadcast a Wi-Fi network for the car. I guess I’m disappointed to Learn that this is not the case. So it seems it would make more sense to just connect the HCS to a Wi-Fi network and then connect the car to that network as well.

...So it seems it would make more sense to just connect the HCS to a Wi-Fi network and then connect the car to that network as well.
That's right, both the car and the LHCS are clients of your existing home WiFi.

Back