Admin
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Dream P
DE Number
Referral Code
R0YBCKIJ
When you're looking for your first job out of college and add a lot of SAT words to your CV to make your summer jobs sound important.

Reporting directly to Mr. Rawlinson, Ms. Chiang will lead enterprise initiatives aligned to Lucid's strategic objectives leveraging techniques and methodologies to analyze, harmonize, and improve business processes across the organization.

After two decades at GE, I actually understand this sentence. (It just means she's there to clear up logjams between functions . . . and make a lot of PowerPoint charts.)

Ah . . . retirement just gets sweeter by the day.

That's cool, seems like her degree is not being put to good use.

Ms. Chiang earned her Bachelor of Science in Aeronautics and Astronautics Engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology

All this started years ago when a garbage man became a Sanitation Engineer…..

P.S.-Recently ran across a neighbor’s daughter who said she was graduating from college. I enquirer as to which college. She replied, “Beauty College.”

Mr. Ludwig brings over 28 years of automotive experience from Mercedes-Benz AG, where he held various roles, including Head of Operations, Head of Quality and, most recently, Head of Central Logistics where he focused on manufacturing, engineering, supplier management, and logistics. For the last 20 years, his main management focus has been ramping up and stabilizing manufacturing plants in Germany, China, Russia, Argentina, and the United States.

Mr. Ludwig brings over 28 years of automotive experience from Mercedes-Benz AG, where he held various roles, including Head of Operations, Head of Quality and, most recently, Head of Central Logistics where he focused on manufacturing, engineering, supplier management, and logistics. For the last 20 years, his main management focus has been ramping up and stabilizing manufacturing plants in Germany, China, Russia, Argentina, and the United States.
Seems like they are shoring up their street cred, once again ahead of the earnings call. I expect these two hires to be a big part of the story on August 3rd. We are now adding top-notch logistics people (with German luxury experience) to oversee our build quality. In case there is any question that we mean what we say about producing quality luxury vehicles.

For all the problems ramping up Lucid has had, it always makes me feel good that they respond quickly and change things up as needed. Unlike Tesla, who has had complaints about panel gaps and paint for several years, and seems to have done next to nothing to change that reputation.

Stock price is all about future potential. Will these new folks, plus a string of good reviews, plus some sort of announcement about production finally speeding up be enough to keep Lucid from a huge drop? We'll have to see.

All great to make improvements but will those who received Airs before the physical improvements have their units upgraded? Newer windshield? New larger phone holder? Non squeaky steering wheel? USB ports that transfer information? 21” tires without sidewalk bulge? Etc, etc…..

All great to make improvements but will those who received Airs before the physical improvements have their units upgraded? Newer windshield? New larger phone holder? Non squeaky steering wheel? USB ports that transfer information? 21” tires without sidewalk bulge? Etc, etc…..
Windshields yes, other stuff who knows.

Maybe she can harmonize the Silver paint.
I recommend she use this. I have had great success with aluminum paint on my BBQ pits and 500 gallon propane tanks for years…..

Attachments

• 51BC5164-4DE9-4695-916C-EDE72B0FCF25.jpeg
    51BC5164-4DE9-4695-916C-EDE72B0FCF25.jpeg
    209.8 KB · Views: 102
Having experience in Ms Chiang's area of expertise, this is a very savvy move. She's an expert in process improvement. Will probably implement Six Sigma for manufacturing - this process was created by a Motorola engineer to minimize defects which ends up creating a more consistent product. TQM in the supply chain to improve processes and remove inefficiencies. It's an enterprise wide process (which I hope Rawlinson puts within her scope of work) and should improve the pre-delivery customer satisfaction since the aim of TQM is to improve customer satisfaction. She might also use BPM since it's goal is to help improve processes that were implemented when a company was small but no longer work well as it grows.

This shows to the business community that Lucid is dedicated to producing a quality product. I hope she is given enough authority to actually make an impact. She probably would have refused the job if Rawlinson didn't assure her full support because efforts like this don't work if the C levels don't get behind it and drive it in their organizations.

Last edited:
In the case of windshields, I think they were degraded to make it simpler to manufacture and improve the yield rate. Original windshields had metallic coating - probably for enhanced heat rejection and now, no metallic coating. Not all changes are improvements for us, it might be an improvement to Lucid in increasing yield rate but the customer would see it as a downgrade.

Those two hires are great news.

After two decades at GE, I actually understand this sentence. (It just means she's there to clear up logjams between functions . . . and make a lot of PowerPoint charts.)

Ah . . . retirement just gets sweeter by the day.
You must be a lot smarter than me. Three decades at GE and I don't get how these positions in a company make things better for me as a customer.

You must be a lot smarter than me. Three decades at GE and I don't get how these positions in a company make things better for me as a customer.

I just said what the sentence meant. I never said it made anything better for the customer . . . or for anyone, for that matter.

Back