Hi from little Rhody

lpinprov

Verified Owner
Cars
Tesla M3; Lucid AT ZR 19"
I am on the waitlist for a Pure, with legacy pricing. I have no particular need for a new car now, so the notion of ordering a RWD Pure, which is likely to be available late this year or even next year is attractive to me. I have a 3 year old Tesla Model 3 RWD which I still enjoy.

Still, I am noodling over the possibility of upgrading for a Touring.

A couple of questions I have for folks.

How do you find the glass roof? I am not sure whether I would prefer this or a metal roof, due to less heat transmission from the latter?

Anyone who's seen the Fathom Blue in person, what has been your reaction? I would likely get this or the red if I go with a Pure, and the red if I were to upgrade to the Touring.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Greetings from Boston! @Bunnylebowski might be your neighbor in Providence. Heat transmission from glass hasn't been an issue in New England, and the view through the glass roof is just great. I've got a Zenith Red myself and really like it. It's a popular color, so you might get your Air mixed up with someone else's in a parking lot if you go for that color.

I am on the waitlist for a Pure, with legacy pricing. I have no particular need for a new car now, so the notion of ordering a RWD Pure, which is likely to be available late this year or even next year is attractive to me. I have a 3 year old Tesla Model 3 RWD which I still enjoy.

How do you find the glass roof? I am not sure whether I would prefer this or a metal roof, due to less heat transmission from the latter?

Anyone who's seen the Fathom Blue in person, what has been your reaction? I would likely get this or the red if I go with a Pure, and the red if I were to upgrade to the Touring.

Thanks for any thoughts.
Welcome and I love New England. I'm drive right through Providence en route to Fall River, New Bedford, and the Cape. Memories!!!

I have a Zenith Red Touring and I think it's the best color in the fleet. It really is a great color. As far as upgrading to Touring, I say go for it! The things that come with the Touring over Pure plus the $7,500 credit from Lucid especially if you have legacy pricing, makes the Touring an attractive price and many here -- well over several dozen members of this forum have indeed upgraded to the Touring and are happy with their decision. Good Luck!!

Thanks for any thoughts.
Hey there,
I’m in Providence. I haven’t seen the solid roof or the fathom blue, but have seen @Dortreo red color and it’s great, chameleon like how it changes in the light. Mine is black, which looks phenomenal when clean and dirty the other 98% of the time.

I love the glass roof, might be a problem with radiant heat in Texas or Florida but not in New England. Anytime you want to take a test drive in my car let me know. Also I’m curious why you want RWD? I feel like in New England the AWD is mandatory. It performs fantastic in the snow/bad weather.

I'm in Texas and I could see it being a bit of an issue if I were using the car as a daily driver, especially if parked outside during the day. I usually use my AGT for short around town stuff and a number of long trips. If it heat-soaks in the sun it takes a while to cool down, but once cool it is fine for me, though sunglasses are mandatory. I think the decision really depends on your preferences. The view can be dramatic, even a bit distracting at times. I love it and am willing to put up with a little inconvenience to keep the glass. If I were regularly taking clients out to lunch in the Dallas August heat I would definitely go for the metal roof.

Hey there,
I’m in Providence. I haven’t seen the solid roof or the fathom blue, but have seen @Dortreo red color and it’s great, chameleon like how it changes in the light. Mine is black, which looks phenomenal when clean and dirty the other 98% of the time.

I love the glass roof, might be a problem with radiant heat in Texas or Florida but not in New England. Anytime you want to take a test drive in my car let me know. Also I’m curious why you want RWD? I feel like in New England the AWD is mandatory. It performs fantastic in the snow/bad weather.
I think I've seen your car on the East Side (by Lincoln School) and even spoke with you once in the WFM parking lot on Waterman St.

I have been fine with my RWD Tesla here, as I was with a BMW i3, and even a Jaguar. I don't really drive that far (typical Rhode Islander by now); I'm just not sure I value the AWD at $5500, that's all. We have other AWD vehicles, so in really bad weather I wouldn't need to drive the Lucid, although honestly there have been few days in the last many years when I felt I couldn't drive my RWD vehicle.

Still noodling it over, as I have no need for the car at this point -- and in fact might prefer to wait til the end of the year or even early '24 -- but certainly find the pricing attractive. There is also the issue of the absence of Lucid leasing in RI at present; from a risk- mitigation perspective wrt the company and the car valuation, I like the idea of essentially having a put option on the car after X months. I guess I'm just a frugal son-of-a-gun.

Thanks to everyone for your replies.

I think I've seen your car on the East Side (by Lincoln School) and even spoke with you once in the WFM parking lot on Waterman St.

I have been fine with my RWD Tesla here, as I was with a BMW i3, and even a Jaguar. I don't really drive that far (typical Rhode Islander by now); I'm just not sure I value the AWD at $5500, that's all. We have other AWD vehicles, so in really bad weather I wouldn't need to drive the Lucid, although honestly there have been few days in the last many years when I felt I couldn't drive my RWD vehicle.

Still noodling it over, as I have no need for the car at this point -- and in fact might prefer to wait til the end of the year or even early '24 -- but certainly find the pricing attractive. There is also the issue of the absence of Lucid leasing in RI at present; from a risk- mitigation perspective wrt the company and the car valuation, I like the idea of essentially having a put option on the car after X months. I guess I'm just a frugal son-of-a-gun.

Thanks to everyone for your replies.
Ha yeah I live across the street from the Lincoln school, so I park there temporarily if my wife needs to take her car out since we only have a one car garage. I remember you. It would be really cool to see a fathom blue Pure in the neighborhood, but I really do love that glass roof so I wouldn’t blame you if you upgraded.

My experience with the Lucid is that if I had several other cars, I’d still make the Lucid my daily driver. I’ll concede it’s not financially wise to beat the crap out of this $150K car on our awful roads and bad weather and risk total destruction driving on the demolition derby that is I95 near Providence day in and day out, but hey, cars were meant to be driven and if I like driving the thing then I’m going to want to drive it all the time, common sense be damned haha. According to Lucid there are 6 Lucids registered in Rhode Island, let’s make it 7!

Ha yeah I live across the street from the Lincoln school, so I park there temporarily if my wife needs to take her car out since we only have a one car garage. I remember you. It would be really cool to see a fathom blue Pure in the neighborhood, but I really do love that glass roof so I wouldn’t blame you if you upgraded.

My experience with the Lucid is that if I had several other cars, I’d still make the Lucid my daily driver. I’ll concede it’s not financially wise to beat the crap out of this $150K car on our awful roads and bad weather and risk total destruction driving on the demolition derby that is I95 near Providence day in and day out, but hey, cars were meant to be driven and if I like driving the thing then I’m going to want to drive it all the time, common sense be damned haha. According to Lucid there are 6 Lucids registered in Rhode Island, let’s make it 7!
Last I heard, the number might be more like 10 or 11. They’re multiplying!

Yeah I saw a Zenith Red in Warwick close to my work on a back road on Wednesday, we both waved at eachother. Also that WalMart EA seems to work now (only stations 2 and 3, 1 still fails 100% of the time.)

Back