Help with Grad Students - Daily EV Drivers

Jeremy089

Hello everyone, I'm posting in this forum because I'm on a team of grad students in a user experience class using different research methods to build an app. We were given the idea of an app specifically for EV drivers who commute daily. We're in the lookout for feedback to determine what the app needs, what people want, or if the idea is worth pursuing at all.

The interview should be about 30 minutes, on zoom, and will be recorded–although only for transcribing purposes.

Please let me know if you're interested.

Thank you.

Seems the project lacks a clear direction. Research into the ownership experience should be plentiful on this forum, biased towards Lucid vehicles. I would suggest starting there.

An idea that comes to mind is for buyers and owners. A centralized hub of information with comparison operations between vehicles would prove useful during the purchase process. Think Car and Driver with a compare button similar to dealer comparisons across features.

If you had more specific goals/ideas (eg something to critique), you would get more participation. Easier to critique then to create.

Thank you for the reply - the only point I left out is we're trying to find the desire to change the daily commute based on greenhouse emissions.

Apologies for the lack of clear direction, this is because we're building the idea out based on what owners actually want, need and will use - instead of giving it to them without their input. And I hear you and agree on the "easier to critique then to create." Unfortunately, the point of the class is to listen to the audience, then decide features and functionality based on that research. Thanks again for replying.

Thank you for the reply - the only point I left out is we're trying to find the desire to change the daily commute based on greenhouse emissions.

Apologies for the lack of clear direction, this is because we're building the idea out based on what owners actually want, need and will use - instead of giving it to them without their input. And I hear you and agree on the "easier to critique then to create." Unfortunately, the point of the class is to listen to the audience, then decide features and functionality based on that research. Thanks again for replying.

Entirely different topic for the daily commute and greenhouse emissions. Two ideas in mind for long term reduction.

The European model makes many cities walkable with ample public transportation. Converting the status quo of suburbanization with localized, high capacity housing and walking distance shopping, dining, and groceries would be part 1. Add trolleys and buses to the mix with strict zoning similar to Italy for inner community/town areas. Electric cars address the symptoms, not the root cause.

Part 2 would be an overhaul for public transportation between major cities that pass through ample mid-size towns in between. What high speed trains currently exist between cities? I have no clue. Flying is highly inconvenient with the security, renting a car, etc. for my family, so we revert to driving. However, I would love to travel by train to many of our destinations with plans to see a lot of Europe in that manner.

Hope this helps. Cheers.

Back