Help with Glove Box

thervckus

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
2023 Air Touring
I have a loaner vehicle while my car is being serviced.

Of course the loaner vehicle doesn't work--the pilot panel and screen above it are black and unresponsive, and resetting the car doesn't work.

I left documents, emergency cash, and my AAA/Blink/PBA cards in the glove box.

Is there a way to open the glove box without the pilot panel?

Thanks in advance

Yes. It takes about a week ~10 days. You car will be towed to Virginia to be around expensive ICE cars until it feels better.

I have a loaner vehicle while my car is being serviced.

Of course the loaner vehicle doesn't work--the pilot panel and screen above it are black and unresponsive, and resetting the car doesn't work.

I left documents, emergency cash, and my AAA/Blink/PBA cards in the glove box.

Is there a way to open the glove box without the pilot panel?

Thanks in advance
No, but have you tried the “Nuke” reset?

Put it in park, hold down the brake and the rightmost button on each side of the bottom of the steering wheel. So, the X and the Mic. Hold until the car reboots.

That might bring back the Pilot Panel.

No, but have you tried the “Nuke” reset?

Put it in park, hold down the brake and the rightmost button on each side of the bottom of the steering wheel. So, the X and the Mic. Hold until the car reboots.

That might bring back the Pilot Panel.
Tried that multiple times. The main screen resets, but the other screens stay black and unresponsive.

What did CS say?
No ideas. They are sending a replacement loaner tomorrow. And I told them they will have to force it open if they don't have a fix by then. I was hoping one of folks here had an idea before I took out my crowbar, which I will absolutely do before they take this car back.

No ideas. They are sending a replacement loaner tomorrow. And I told them they will have to force it open if they don't have a fix by then. I was hoping one of folks here had an idea before I took out my crowbar, which I will absolutely do before they take this car back.
You have a beautiful weekend coming up. Treat yourself to a nice day trip to the northwest part of PA in that 2nd loaner and enjoy the clear air and colors of early fall. :-)

The disadvantage of a having a car with so much of it controlled electronically instead of mechanically is something like this. When my car was in an accident and permanently offline, we had break into it with a crowbar to get the door open. I was able to get my stuff out of the cabin. But opening the frunk, trunk or glovebox was a mystery. I called Lucid CS and they had no ideas. I'm kind of paranoid about putting anything too valuable in there now.

You have a beautiful weekend coming up. Treat yourself to a nice day trip to the northwest part of PA in that 2nd loaner and enjoy the clear air and colors of early fall. :-)
Nope. This weekend my lawn is being aerated and seeded. Been neglecting it for too long!

The disadvantage of a having a car with so much of it controlled electronically instead of mechanically is something like this. When my car was in an accident and permanently offline, we had break into it with a crowbar to get the door open. I was able to get my stuff out of the cabin. But opening the frunk, trunk or glovebox was a mystery. I called Lucid CS and they had no ideas. I'm kind of paranoid about putting anything too valuable in there now.
Yup. I have definitely learned my lesson. The hard way, unfortunately.

Back