Hello from South Texas

Brew

In May 2022, I thought I'd roll the dice and I placed a reservation for a:
Lucid Air Pure
Zenith Red, Mojave PurLuxe Interior, 19” Aero Range Wheels and Metal Roof

I have no idea when or where to expect delivery. Closest Lucid Service Center is about 5.5 hours away in Houston. I've never actually seen a Lucid vehicle in the wild. Well, life is an adventure!

Lucid Air Pure

I have no idea when or where to expect delivery. Closest Lucid Service Center is about 5.5 hours away in Houston. I've never actually seen a Lucid vehicle in the wild. Well, life is an adventure!

None of us really do, even those of us who’ve converted our reservation to a confirmation (meaning your $1000 deposit becomes nonrefundable).

Lucid seems to have had one of most benighted production ramp ups in EV history. Not surprising really, considering it’s a brand, brand new company, attempting to survive, and facing black swan-type headwinds like a worldwide pandemic, supply chain problems, worker shortages, etc….

As someone who confirmed in early May, I hold out hope that however long we all wait, our cars will be worth the wait in the end.

Welcome to wild west world of EV ownership. It’ll be a fun ride for sure!

None of us really do, even those of us who’ve converted our reservation to a confirmation (meaning your $1000 deposit becomes nonrefundable).

Lucid seems to have had one of most benighted production ramp ups in EV history. Not surprising really, considering it’s a brand, brand new company, attempting to survive, and facing black swan-type headwinds like a worldwide pandemic, supply chain problems, worker shortages, etc….

As someone who confirmed in early May, I hold out hope that however long we all wait, our cars will be worth the wait in the end.

Welcome to wild west world of EV ownership. It’ll be a fun ride for sure!
I learned a new word today, "benighted"! :)

Lucid Air Pure

Welcome . I live in the Richmond Texas area….I recently upgraded my reservation to the touring model in the hopes of getting the vehicle by the end of the year or early next Spring. I was fortunate enough to get a chance to test drive one with another member i met on this forum….I currently own a Model S and the Lucid drives so much much better and felt very solid. My only gripe is the A pillars are pretty large so getting in and out of the vehicle is not very convenient if you are tall ( like myself). But once inside , there is plenty of head and leg room….The glass canopy was giving off way too much heat ..another reason why I opted to go with the solid roof….Outside of those 2 negatives , it is much nicer my current Tesla Model S 😎

Welcome . I live in the Richmond Texas area….I recently upgraded my reservation to the touring model in the hopes of getting the vehicle by the end of the year or early next Spring. I was fortunate enough to get a chance to test drive one with another member i met on this forum….I currently own a Model S and the Lucid drives so much much better and felt very solid. My only gripe is the A pillars are pretty large so getting in and out of the vehicle is not very convenient if you are tall ( like myself). But once inside , there is plenty of head and leg room….The glass canopy was giving off way too much heat ..another reason why I opted to go with the solid roof….Outside of those 2 negatives , it is much nicer my current Tesla Model S 😎
I'm over in League City, just confirmed June 17 and was quoted a standard answer being 2-5 months. We flew to CA for the test drive - def wasn't dissappointed in the driving experience. Looking forward to that delivery day whenever it might be...

I'm over in League City, just confirmed June 17 and was quoted a standard answer being 2-5 months. We flew to CA for the test drive - def wasn't dissappointed in the driving experience. Looking forward to that delivery day whenever it might be...
Hey brother…I got a chance to test drive GT yesterday and decided to upgrade my Pure reservation to the touring model…What are your thoughts On the glass roof? I am still on fence …The Texas heat is pretty brutal.. Also do you know when Lucid will complete its design studio in the Galleria mall?

I don’t know showing you 2nd time has changed your mind. 😆

Flew out for a test drive?! Damn! That is serious homework.

Also do you know when Lucid will complete its design studio in the Galleria mall?

Houston Chronicle earlier stated September. But I heard from SC it would be more like later winter or early January.

I don’t know showing you 2nd time has changed your mind. 😆
Ha ha…I am just worried about the heat 😊….The glass roof is cool looking. I am just worried about 2 things…Rock chips and the Texas heat….

Ha ha…I am just worried about the heat 😊….The glass roof is cool looking. I am just worried about 2 things…Rock chips and the Texas heat….
So yes, I already have a rock chip from Houston traffic. The car gets very hot if left in the sun but cools down with time. I don't find that the glass roof is much different than a metal one, as far as heat is concerned. I may change my story come August in Houston! ;) :cool:

Where in South Texas? Anywhere near Boca Chica (Starbase), TX? If so I’ll hit ya up for a coffee next time I’m down there… Looks like maybe later this month.

Where in South Texas? Anywhere near Boca Chica (Starbase), TX? If so I’ll hit ya up for a coffee next time I’m down there… Looks like maybe later this mo
correction
Where in South Texas? Anywhere near Boca Chica (Starbase), TX? If so I’ll hit ya up for a coffee next time I’m down there… Looks like maybe later this month
Where in South Texas? Anywhere near Boca Chica (Starbase), TX? If so I’ll hit ya up for a coffee next time I’m down there… Looks like maybe later this month.
we actually live in Richmond Texas….Around here we say that’s the South :)

And she’s closer to Mexico than Richmond. 🌐

We are in Fulshear.

Hello Neighbor! I have lived in the Pecan Hill Subdivision between Fulshear and Brookshire for 52 years……😇

Hello Neighbor! I have lived in the Pecan Hill Subdivision between Fulshear and Brookshire for 52 years……😇
You about 8 miles from us!

You about 8 miles from us!
Small world, got a Richmond future owner and Katy owner. We can have convoy of 4 in 2023. 😆

@nautchilous curiously, what color is your order?
Everyone of us is zenith red.

Last edited:
correction

we actually live in Richmond Texas….Around here we say that’s the South :)
Where exactly is Boca Chica?
Small world, got a Richmond future owner and Katy owner. We can have convoy of 4 in 2023. 😆

@nautchilous curiously, what color is your order?
Everyone of us is zenith red.
I am partial to light colors….I decided to do the Cosmo Silver with the Mojave interior.

Back