Greetings from "the West Texas town of El Paso"

DOS22

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring + Volvo XC90
Greetings from El Paso, Texas.

Just took delivery of a new Quantum Grey Touring with Tahoe interior, glass canopy, Pro Sound/Pro Drive and 19 in. wheels with the aero covers off.

Love the car! Had an awesome experience with the day-of-delivery walk-through (shout-out to Marcus in Seattle).

I'm waiting for registration and some delivery issues to be resolved before taking it to Arizona (Tucson or Phoenix) to get ceramic coating and PPF.

If you're ever in this corner of the world, please look me up -- I'll meet you at the EA station. Look forward to engaging with y'all.

Took my longest road trip to El Paso earlier this year to visit family. Car was great, but man- you are living in a charging desert (alongside the regular desert, of course) . Only fast charger is (was?) the EA charger at the Walmart on the east side, and nothing else for a long way. Still, congratulations!

Took my longest road trip to El Paso earlier this year to visit family. Car was great, but man- you are living in a charging desert (alongside the regular desert, of course) . Only fast charger is (was?) the EA charger at the Walmart on the east side, and nothing else for a long way. Still, congratulations!
Thanks!

Yes, only one EA station in town. Eneded up installing a Wallbox at my place so I've only charged at Walmart once -- the shopping cart corral is smack in front of two chargers so not the best access either...

We need pictures of Lucids in front of Rosa’s Cantina!
Unfortunately, wicked Felina wasn't around...

Just got back from my first road trip on an EV, family and I drove from El Paso, TX, to Santa Barbara, CA (2000 miles round trip). The car performed wonderfully.

Attachments

• IMG_3832.jpeg
    IMG_3832.jpeg
    552.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_6155.jpeg
    IMG_6155.jpeg
    1,019.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_6156.jpeg
    IMG_6156.jpeg
    920 KB · Views: 55
Unfortunately, wicked Felina wasn't around...

Just got back from my first road trip on an EV, family and I drove from El Paso, TX, to Santa Barbara, CA (2000 miles round trip). The car performed wonderfully.

How was your charging experience? I hope not extreme negative like some of the YouTubers.

How was your charging experience? I hope not extreme negative like some of the YouTubers.
Well....

This was my first EV road trip and the LUCID is our first EV, so still moving forward on the learning curve.

Still, there were some impressions:
  1. We used the range estimate on the LUCID to navigate and did not feel like we were shortchanged on distance.
  2. Even though there are not that many stations in New Mexico and East Arizona, we always had availability -- not that many EV's on the road over here.
  3. Phoenix was great, always an EA station with availability nearby.
  4. California (Palm Springs and LA) was challenging. Seemed like not that many EA stations and everyone has an EV so always busy.
We did have a couple of issues on the way back. In Benson, AZ, the EA 350 kw chargers were down but since the screens displayed everything was ok we had to spend time on the phone with customer service and then trying out other chargers until we identified the ones that worked (150 kw). Lucid and EA customer service were great. In Deming, NM, the 350 chargers were at 50 kw, so did not stay there a long time -- it was past midnight. We made it home close to 2 AM with 4% charge remaining -- immediately plugged the car into our home charger. As an early adopter, took everything in stride.

Well....

This was my first EV road trip and the LUCID is our first EV, so still moving forward on the learning curve.

Still, there were some impressions:
  1. We used the range estimate on the LUCID to navigate and did not feel like we were shortchanged on distance.
  2. Even though there are not that many stations in New Mexico and East Arizona, we always had availability -- not that many EV's on the road over here.
  3. Phoenix was great, always an EA station with availability nearby.
  4. California (Palm Springs and LA) was challenging. Seemed like not that many EA stations and everyone has an EV so always busy.
We did have a couple of issues on the way back. In Benson, AZ, the EA 350 kw chargers were down but since the screens displayed everything was ok we had to spend time on the phone with customer service and then trying out other chargers until we identified the ones that worked (150 kw). Lucid and EA customer service were great. In Deming, NM, the 350 chargers were at 50 kw, so did not stay there a long time -- it was past midnight. We made it home close to 2 AM with 4% charge remaining -- immediately plugged the car into our home charger. As an early adopter, took everything in stride.

So 1 bricked and 1 derated. Make sure download PlugShare and EA app to always check ahead.

Back