Greetings from Seattle

billvb

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Air GT
Hello - I've been hanging around the forum for a few weeks, since having confirmed my order for an Air Grand Touring in December. I have been enjoying driving Teslas for many years, but recently have lost confidence in the company's direction and priorities, and am ready to move on. Everything I've seen about the Air has been really exciting; and I'm happy for any advice or information anyone has to share about Air ownership and the transition from Tesla ('Raven' Model S p100D+) to Lucid.

Welcome and congrats. I'm sure if you just browse for 1 hour on the forum you will find all you need to know about your transition. 😁

Hello - I've been hanging around the forum for a few weeks, since having confirmed my order for an Air Grand Touring in December. I have been enjoying driving Teslas for many years, but recently have lost confidence in the company's direction and priorities, and am ready to move on. Everything I've seen about the Air has been really exciting; and I'm happy for any advice or information anyone has to share about Air ownership and the transition from Tesla ('Raven' Model S p100D+) to Lucid.
Welcome. There are a few of us in the greater Seattle area. We all need to get together and go for a spin. Member DJL in Blaine has already suggested a mountain loop ride later this year.

Welcome. There are a few of us in the greater Seattle area. We all need to get together and go for a spin. Member DJL in Blaine has already suggested a mountain loop ride later this year.
Thanks, Mawashi - would love to once I’ve taken delivery! (might be a while, as I added the ‘Stealth’ option…)

You will have to report back on the stealth option. I took delivery in Seattle end of 2022 as I didn’t see the wait as worth it. So glad I got it, as it’s such an awesome ride!

Are there any Lucid owners in Rockford Illinois ? I spotted a Lucid yesterday in Rockford !!!

Summer delivered our GT from Seattle Service Center late June. Now at 17,201, miles and counting.
Day trip to Coeur d’Alene next day for celebrity dinner and range check - 459 miles round trip from Cle Elum.
Early August Denver trip which included being first Lucid at Pike peak summit. Then late August trip to Michigan for family reunion, followed by Arizona October jaunt which included drive by of Lucid Casa Grande mega factory.
Tomorrow trip over the ‘hill’ to get front wrap at Prestige Auto Salon, Seattle.
Opted for 19” wheels based on range, ride quality, impact resistance and very decent snow performance.

Summer delivered our GT from Seattle Service Center late June. Now at 17,201, miles and counting.
Day trip to Coeur d’Alene next day for celebrity dinner and range check - 459 miles round trip from Cle Elum.
Early August Denver trip which included being first Lucid at Pike peak summit. Then late August trip to Michigan for family reunion, followed by Arizona October jaunt which included drive by of Lucid Casa Grande mega factory.
Tomorrow trip over the ‘hill’ to get front wrap at Prestige Auto Salon, Seattle.
Opted for 19” wheels based on range, ride quality, impact resistance and very decent snow performance.
Impressive trips! We're planning to head from the Kitsap peninsula to Cupertino for Easter, which will be our first long road trip. Hoping Siskiyou Pass will behave by then (even with snow tires).

I’m curious, have you used Snow socks in the Chains Required sections of the freeways?

From Washington State DOT:
“Chains required on all vehicles except all wheel drive, Oversize Vehicles Prohibited.”
I believe this requirement typical for all states.

My question was more about the effectiveness of socks vs chains. But on a general note have you driven through the passes after snowfall like we’ve had recently? Have been thinking of driving to LA but hesitant because of the mountain sections of I-5 in Or and Ca.

Chains are definitely more effective than socks.
However Lucid specifically advises socks.
My only concern for Interstate passes is if they are closed. State DOT’s provide definitive situation of road conditions with timely updates.
We travel over Snoqualmie Pass throughout the winter. Only one time over the pass eight years did we ever have to wait in traffic for DOT to get the pass open.
I personally would have no qualms driving I-5 this time of year, unless weather reports are predicting severe storms over time of travel. The biggest issue is visual if caught in a huge snow dump. I’ve found that Lucid does a far better job when (using windshield ice clearing mode) of keeping windshield clear in these conditions than our Subaru Ascent.

My only concern for Interstate passes is if they are closed. State DOT’s provide definitive situation of road conditions with timely updates.
We travel over Snoqualmie Pass throughout the winter. Only one time over the pass eight years did we ever have to wait in traffic for DOT to get the pass open.
I personally would have no qualms driving I-5 this time of year, unless weather reports are predicting severe storms over time of travel. The biggest issue is visual if caught in a huge snow dump. I’ve found that Lucid does a far better job when (using windshield ice clearing mode) of keeping windshield clear in these conditions than our Subaru Ascent.
Are chains or socks required for AWD cars in many places? Here in CO, as long as you are AWD and have actual tread on your tires, you are generally good to go.

Now, if you are trying to get by with summer tires, you’re fooling yourself. Even with chains, those tires are simply not going to perform under those conditions. But all seasons or snow tires plus AWD should get you past most restrictions here in the Rockies.

Good to know, thanks !

Are chains or socks required for AWD cars in many places? Here in CO, as long as you are AWD and have actual tread on your tires, you are generally good to go.

Now, if you are trying to get by with summer tires, you’re fooling yourself. Even with chains, those tires are simply not going to perform under those conditions. But all seasons or snow tires plus AWD should get you past most restrictions here in the Rockies.
How about the Pirellis on Lucid? It does show M+S, would that be considered all season ?

How about the Pirellis on Lucid? It does show M+S, would that be considered all season ?
My 19” GT option are Pirellis M+S and provide very acceptable snow performance.
They are not as aggressive as Bridgestone Blizzaks for example but st 17,201 miles show little wear with good snow traction and control.

Reactions: MRU
M+S is acronym for Mud & Snow, whuch are all season tires.

You must be in the eastern side of WA?

Back