Gravity Envy?

wowbagger

Member

Verified Owner
Joined
Jan 16, 2026
Messages
36
Reaction score
38
Cars
Lucid Gravity Touring
Just a weird event.....A Tesla Model Y pulled up next to me in traffic today and got mad at me for buying the Gravity instead of a Tesla. He was genuinely angry. I just grinned and listened, somewhat fascinated.
 
Just a weird event.....A Tesla Model Y pulled up next to me in traffic today and got mad at me for buying the Gravity instead of a Tesla. He was genuinely angry. I just grinned and listened, somewhat fascinated.
What was the rationale for his anger? That is interesting, for sure.
 
This forum is starting to feel less like a place for Lucid owners and more like an emotional support group for people obsessed with Tesla.

Every other thread somehow turns into Tesla this, Elon that. At some point you have to ask, do you even like Lucid, or do you just really hate Tesla?

The constant doom posting and over-the-top takes just make this place look extremely unhinged. It’s not insightful, it’s not productive, and it definitely doesn’t make Lucid look better by association.

Competition is a good thing. Two companies pushing each other is how products improve. That’s the whole point. The EV space is better because both Lucid and Tesla exist, this isn’t a zero-sum game.

If the goal is to turn every discussion into a Tesla hate thread, then just call it what it is. But for those of us who actually care about Lucid as a car, it’d be nice to have a space that reflects that instead of constant fixation, borderline unhealthy obsession on a rival.
 
This forum is starting to feel less like a place for Lucid owners and more like an emotional support group for people obsessed with Tesla.

Every other thread somehow turns into Tesla this, Elon that. At some point you have to ask, do you even like Lucid, or do you just really hate Tesla?

The constant doom posting and over-the-top takes just make this place look extremely unhinged. It’s not insightful, it’s not productive, and it definitely doesn’t make Lucid look better by association.

Competition is a good thing. Two companies pushing each other is how products improve. That’s the whole point. The EV space is better because both Lucid and Tesla exist, this isn’t a zero-sum game.

If the goal is to turn every discussion into a Tesla hate thread, then just call it what it is. But for those of us who actually care about Lucid as a car, it’d be nice to have a space that reflects that instead of constant fixation, borderline unhealthy obsession on a rival.
Use your ignore list? It changes your experience.

Right now the front page feed that I see is:

-Users helping new owner setup his face id for hands free. It worked.

-new owner with a really weird steering wheel issue, assured by other owners that it’s very rare, and then shared experience about other cars that had weird issues

-wish list for the next gen of Gravity

-a prospective owner asking for advice about a 26 gravity. The thread is overwhelmingly positive with a few complaints that are valid

-a probably fake story about the worlds weirdest Tesla driver being jealous of a guys new Lucid

So my particular feed is 80% positive sharing of user experience and advice, and one guy claiming a Tesla driver was jealous of his Gravity which I don’t believe is a true story.

That is exceptionally good for a car forum!
 
Just a weird event.....A Tesla Model Y pulled up next to me in traffic today and got mad at me for buying the Gravity instead of a Tesla. He was genuinely angry. I just grinned and listened, somewhat fascinated.

What exactly does that even mean? Did he get out of his car and yell at you? Did he throw something at you? Were the windows even rolled down? Were you driving like a jerk and that’s what pissed him off? What did you listen to exactly? How much conversation can you have with someone in traffic?

Lots of questions, because it sounds totally ridiculous.
 
This forum is starting to feel less like a place for Lucid owners and more like an emotional support group for people obsessed with Tesla.

Every other thread somehow turns into Tesla this, Elon that. At some point you have to ask, do you even like Lucid, or do you just really hate Tesla?

The constant doom posting and over-the-top takes just make this place look extremely unhinged. It’s not insightful, it’s not productive, and it definitely doesn’t make Lucid look better by association.

Competition is a good thing. Two companies pushing each other is how products improve. That’s the whole point. The EV space is better because both Lucid and Tesla exist, this isn’t a zero-sum game.

If the goal is to turn every discussion into a Tesla hate thread, then just call it what it is. But for those of us who actually care about Lucid as a car, it’d be nice to have a space that reflects that instead of constant fixation, borderline unhealthy obsession on a rival.
You have to understand that for a long time, Tesla was the only real EV game in town. A lot of us came from there. It's only natural it is going to be brought up regularly. And like it or not, at least driver tech-wise, it is still the benchmark for all other EVs.
 
You have to understand that for a long time, Tesla was the only real EV game in town. A lot of us came from there. It's only natural it is going to be brought up regularly. And like it or not, at least driver tech-wise, it is still the benchmark for all other EVs.
I'd also add it becomes like this in the Rivian forum as well. And in real life when EVs are discussed. Mention anything about self-driving, whether Tesla was brought up or not, and the concept of FSD derails any meaningful engagement.

Tesla is unfortunately still the default in most people's minds regarding EVs. And with a lot of previous owners now moving on to Lucid and other alternatives, they will be a lot louder. I get the frustrations of the original post from @AnthonySF but it just comes with the territory. People are allowed to vent their frustrations and honestly prefer to do so over sharing their mutual joys. We humans like to be haters by default lol
 
What exactly does that even mean? Did he get out of his car and yell at you? Did he throw something at you? Were the windows even rolled down? Were you driving like a jerk and that’s what pissed him off? What did you listen to exactly? How much conversation can you have with someone in traffic?

Lots of questions, because it sounds totally ridiculous.
If you must know, I was stopped at a light, windows open. He pulled up on left and yelled over, "Why did you buy that piece of sh*t instead of a Tesla?! These are better, faster, and (something I didn't hear)" It's a close paraphrase. Anyway, as I said, it wasn't a conversation. I wasn't driving crazy, didn't cut him off, and didn't make any gestures. Of course it's ridiculous. That's why I put the event up here. If he were in a Buick and said I should have bought a Buick, I would have posted that.
 
If you must know
We didn’t really need to know, but you did start the thread so….

That's why I put the event up here. If he were in a Buick and said I should have bought a Buick, I would have posted that.
Why? I have someone tell me I should have bought something different everyday. I don’t feel a need to post to that specific brands forums.
 
We are all free to share Lucid related experiences here. I appreciate the OP sharing this crazy situation.
 
We didn’t really need to know, but you did start the thread so….


Why? I have someone tell me I should have bought something different everyday. I don’t feel a need to post to that specific brands forums.
So you report to the forums for other brands? 🙂 Why the hostility? Nobody here MUST know what ANYONE posts. It's a forum for a wide range of comments about our experiences. Nobody has ever yelled that I should have bought a different car. This was a new experience for me I thought I would share with a group. That's the purpose of a forum and hopefully, trolls are at a minimum. Interesting that people yell at you about your car everyday. Are you "driving like a jerk and that’s what [pisses them] off" ?
 
This may change the OP's original content, but the title resonated with the following stats.

Think Toyota feels Gravity is in the correct market segment?

Competition is the best example that you/ve hit a home run! Watch out - this is where the rubber meets the road! "The competition is coming, the competition is coming" - Paul Revere

(Literary license taken liberally)


Screenshot 2026-04-22 at 7.02.33 AM.webp
 
Back
Top